Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Set up

Set up

I have a Himedia Q10 Pro Android box. I downloaded the paid version of NextPVR. My IPTV Services is MyWifiTV. I chose them because they have local channels.

I watched set up videos, etc, and tried setting up the app. Have all the xml and m3u links from my provider. At first it wanted my server which would be my service. At the moment when I click on the app it says, “select a server from the list” but all that happens is the wheel just spins. I went to “add server” but it says the address I give is invalid although it works flawlessly on IPTV Extreme Pro and Smarters Pro. I installed and reinstalled the app several times, cleared data and cache.

When I add server the faint area that shows an IP address, but I enter my service link. Below it is a 4 digit line which I assume is 8866, 8888, or 4444.

Any help with set up would be appreciated.

Did you get NextPVR working on the PC before trying to connect the Android app? The Android client needs the NextPVR server to do most of the work.

Marti

The computer is Window 7 and the Android box is 7.0 and have each device has their own IP address. My Internet is U-verse 50 mphs

Ok and is NextPVR installed and working on your Windows 7 PC?

Martin

It downloaded my list and 20736 other channels but didn’t have an opportunity to do much more. My issue is getting it to do the same on my Android box. My service can record, but you cannot watch another channel. I thought since Windows is a different operating system than Android it would not matter.

Um... Patrick4287...You might want to answer mvallevand's question he asked twice in post #2 and #4.

I thought I did answer it. On Windows 7 it did work and is in my program list. It populated my service list. I just haven’t gone beyond a complete setup because I ran out of time to and had move onto other obligations. Maybe it would be helpful to for the responder to explain what he is trying to sort out as the reason for focusing on the computer. I’m new at this and I’m a step-by-step person. Preface the computer link as it applies to my android set box. Appreciate it.
    Last edited by Patrick4287; 2019-05-15 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick4287 View Post
    Maybe it would be helpful to for the responder to explain what he is trying to sort out as the reason for focusing on the computer.
    You absolutely need to have NextPVR setup and fully working on your PC before you can add an Android client. ie, you've scanned for channels, and can watch those channels in NextPVR on the PC. Once that is all working, then it should be pretty painless to add an Android client.

It's not just a case of installing NextPVR on your PC, and then not needing configure it.

Thank you. I have played programs on my PC today. I guess I need to find a way to add an EPG. Understanding the need to have it on my PC, how do I make a seemless transition to my Android TV box. Videos I have watched never mention it must up and running on your PC. They just say download NextPVR and here’s how you set it up.

I have a Himedia Q 10 Pro Android box up and running with an IPTS service running , EPG, etc. Why is NextPVR not finding my device? It only finds IPTV Client and nothing else.
    Even if I delete the IPTV Client as a device, it returns.