Thread: Client sees server but won't connect

Client sees server but won't connect

Hi,

Iím seeking some assistance in getting NextPVR for Android running. It tries to connect but then nothing. Sometimes I donít receive an error message and other times it says it canít connect and check to make sure NextPVR is running.

NextPVR, version 4.2.4, is running on a static IP laptop. My tablet is running Lineage OS 16.0 (Pie)

These are the things I have done (after reading some posts here):
    1. Restarted NextPVR service
    2. Turned off firewall & anti-virus on the server side
    3. Reinstalled NextPVR
    4. Reinstalled Android client
    5. Deleted the server that the client found and manually created it (The first time I started the app it displayed the correct server.)

So Iím not sure what to do next. Are there any settings I need to check on with the server to make sure the client can connect? I would appreciate any help since I really want to have this client running on my tablet. Thanks.

Zip and attach your NextPVR logs and I'll take a look.

I went back to try it again so I then could attach the logs and it connected and started working. I'm not sure why it is now working since I haven't done anything but I'll take it. (Maybe all it took was posting to this site ) Thank you for your offer of assistance. Hopefully I won't need it in the future but its good to know I have someplace to go.

ok - good to hear you got it working.