Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nextpvr getting hung up

Quote Originally Posted by Jakesty View Post
    So then my problem is made worse by not watching and deleting more often?
    Yes, but only really noticeable because of the slow network drive access.

I thought hundreds or even thousands of recordings or videos would be nothing to handle.
    Yep, it usually would be nothing, and not a problem.

Normally I record from NPVR over to a network share on a computer/server, then delete those files on that computer. But I've never been able to delete those recordings from NPVR's menu on the windows share. local recordings delete fine. Could this also have grown so badly in the npvr.db3 file since they never "clean" out?
    If you end up setting those two settings, and everything is then responding fine, you'll be ok to continue as you always have, with a large number of recordings - but I'd recommend if you are ever deleting recordings, do it from within NextPVR, so it can clean up the database at the same time (rather than just deleting the file on disk in Windows Explorer etc)

If you recordings had literally stopped recording, and not just slow to start, then you may have something further happening, like a permissions issue or something. Try those two settings first though, to check if it stops the UI appearing to hang while loading the recording list. After that, check you can record etc - since issues with that may need future examination.

I kept the two settings you gave me in place. I reconnected the windows share and NAS. The NAS has very few recordings there now and none are being saved there yet. I'm getting 0 byte recordings on the windows share on most recordings, but not all.
    I open explorer and can delete files from the share. Group EVERYONE has FULL CONTROL. Inside NPVR, I cannot remove recordings (this has been the situation for a couple of years, i just delete from that computer).
    I can watch the PRIME tuner from HDHR player and just rebooted the unit to see if that would help. It didn't.
    I've attached my logs.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AggyvT2s70IEiE0FeZFqJ9_MN_zX
    Server - Windows 64 Home Premium, Intel E8400 3.0ghz, 2gb memory, NVidia 7600GT

**I've donated, have you?**

The most recent recording in those logs failed for an unexpected reason - channel 176 doesn't exist. This would result in no data coming from the device, so would give a zero byte file.

2019-05-19 11:58:01.187 [DEBUG][9] Executing: C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config.exe 105422D3 key 99047 set /tuner1/vchannel 176
    2019-05-19 11:58:01.243 [DEBUG][9] Status: ERROR: invalid virtual channel

I open explorer and can delete files from the share. Group EVERYONE has FULL CONTROL. Inside NPVR, I cannot remove recordings (this has been the situation for a couple of years, i just delete from that computer).
    As mentioned, with those settings now set to false, you really need to delete them in NextPVR, not in explorer - since NextPVR will no longer notice they've been deleted outside of NextPVR and will continue to be listed.

If you can't delete in NextPVR, it's likely file permissions.

I thought so too about file permissions, but I just created a temp.txt file. Edited it, viewed it deleted it from explorer. I can also delete recordings from explorer too on the nextpvr computer. Could I have HD problems?

That failed recording is on a channel I watch often. At the time of the failed recording I was able to open it under HDHOMERUN, on the nextpvr computer. I just opened it live from the guild as well now. Is there something with the tuners maybe? IDK

I would be open to wiping NEXTPVR entirely and reinstalling if necessary. I'd like to keep the RECURRING recordings list, my post processing COMSKIP bat, and schedules direct. I'll be ok to reidentify tuners and such. Just not sure of the best steps to do this.

I was just getting ready to reconfigure my set up and put nextpvr on a VM, but until then got to figure out what is happening here. Lastly I might have to reinstall win 7 and NPVR from scratch, not ideal.
    Server - Windows 64 Home Premium, Intel E8400 3.0ghz, 2gb memory, NVidia 7600GT

**I've donated, have you?**

Quote Originally Posted by Jakesty View Post
    I thought so too about file permissions, but I just created a temp.txt file. Edited it, viewed it deleted it from explorer. I can also delete recordings from explorer too on the nextpvr computer. Could I have HD problems?
    When NextPVR tries to delete the file, it's the recording service deleting the file, which is running as the 'localsystem' account. You could try changing the service settings to run it as your account to see if it makes a difference.

That failed recording is on a channel I watch often. At the time of the failed recording I was able to open it under HDHOMERUN, on the nextpvr computer. I just opened it live from the guild as well now. Is there something with the tuners maybe? IDK
    Is channel number "176" the correct number? In the case above, the HDHomeRun was definitely saying the channel number was incorrect.

You could try running that command from a command prompt to see what it says:
    "C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config.exe" 105422D3 key 99047 set /tuner1/vchannel 176