Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tsreader4 skipping issues

tsreader4 skipping issues

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Rather than discussing it in the Android forum, create a new thread in the Support forum, with details about what exactly see happening, and any relevant info, like certain channels etc.
    I have bumped my original thread about NPVR4 and TSreader4. The problem I have with the jerking and runaway skips with tsreader4 have been going on since the 1st release of NPVR4. The skips are also slow to sync with the sound when they are working at their best. It doesn't matter the channel, or if its on my server or clients. They all have the same issue. Even with the legacy tsreader2 enabled NPVR4 freezes and locks up regularly for no apparent reason on my server and clients so I have to hit ctrl+alt+del to kill it. It will lock up while just navigating through the menu. Let me know what you need from me.

Before we get too far into troubleshooting, does NPVR4 need any microsoft.net or c++ updates that NPVR3 didn't use? I am uploading a new recording and i'll pm you the dropbox link.
    Last edited by dlindyds; 2019-05-21 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlindyds View Post
    Before we get too far into troubleshooting, does NPVR4 need any microsoft.net or c++ updates that NPVR3 didn't use?
    If you're able to see any video then you have all the runtime files you need.

Sent you a link to a fresh recording.

I've split these news posts off from you old thread, since the most recent info was about a year old, and there has been new builds since then. It also gives us a chance to have a clean look at the problem (and I didn't intend on going back and reading 6 pages for a reminder of where you were at last year)

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I've split these news posts off from you old thread, since the most recent info was about a year old, and there has been new builds since then. It also gives us a chance to have a clean look at the problem (and I didn't intend on going back and reading 6 pages for a reminder of where you were at last year)
    Makes sense.

I've just had a play around with the sample file. It generally played pretty well for me.

How easy are you seeing problems with that file? ie, is a single skip forward a minute enough to cause the problem, or do you typically need to skip around a bit, or multiple skips in quick succession?

With multiple skips in succession. A single skip is normally OK. Its the skipping multiple commercials that seem to trigger the problem.

I just tried several attempts at multiple quick succession skips without seeing any issue.

Are you able to take a video with your phone or something, so I can see what it looks like?

Uploaded a file. Its from my laptop client. I still have the old version as the server. I will update the server and try it again tomorrow also.
    Last edited by dlindyds; 2019-05-21 at 04:20 AM.

While we look at it, you're best to initially stay away from client mode, since we know that has issues, and it'll be hard to determine which issues are tsreader4 related, and which are client related. ie, either play it from the server, or copy the file to the client and play from with right-click->open file.