Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finding servers

Finding servers

Each time I open the NextPVR it goes straight “looking for a server”.The only option I have is to enter an IP address. I enter the one assigned by my provider. Nothing happens leaving me with zero servers because there are no severs to chose from. . Also there are no devices listed. I have an IPTV account and my box is a Himedia Q10 Pro.

Any help in getting started would be appreciated

Why did you open a new thread? https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?61406-Set-up still seems to be your problem.

Martin

Because like many forums when a thread goes unanswered for about a week or 10 days it’s archived. I didn’t see it when I made this post. Issue still remains the same. None of the suggestions have solved the problem.

We were waiting on you. ie, There was no sign in the logs of discovery packets arriving at the PC from the Android app. The most likely reason is that you've got firewall software on your PC that is blocking this network traffic, stopping the auto discovery and connection from happening.

Did you try manually adding your server using 192.168.1.75?

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    We were waiting on you. ie, There was no sign in the logs of discovery packets arriving at the PC from the Android app. The most likely reason is that you've got firewall software on your PC that is blocking this network traffic, stopping the auto discovery and connection from happening.

Did you try manually adding your server using 192.168.1.75?
    Okay. I turned off the firewall, reinstalled the program, entered the IP and still only got a spinning wheel. Never got past looking for servers. So I’m at a loss as to what to do next. I’ve even given an exception in my firewall to allow the setup. I’m open for suggestions again.

Did you try manually adding that server at 192.167.1.175?

Yes on both my PC and Android tv box. It just spun around and never connected. I must be missing something.

If you can post your logs again, and let me know what time you tried to connect with that manually added server, I'll check if the request made it to NextPVR. If it didn't - you've got something like firewall getting in the way. (this is sounding like the most likely cause given your descriptions so far)

Ok. Got it and with channels on my PC. Although I still need a way to play them. When I click on a channel the screen goes black. However, it gave me a alpha letter server.

When I go to the app in my box I entered the IP found on my system. When it tries to connet it says “Failed to connect to NextPVR check to see if NextPVR is running, and restart the application”. Any ideas. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick4287 View Post
    When I go to the app in my box I entered the IP found on my system. When it tries to connet it says “Failed to connect to NextPVR check to see if NextPVR is running, and restart the application”. Any ideas. Thanks
    I still think it's firewall related.

As I said above, if you can post your logs again, and let me know what time you tried to connect with that manually added server, I'll check if the request made it to NextPVR.