Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Guide Info

Missing Guide Info

Guide Info simply disappears on the ninth day as shown in the attached screenshot in which the first day of the guide is 28 May. I seem to remember a setting that I used to control how many days are shown for those channels with EPG data marked as None in the channels list. Is there such a setting? Something else wrong?

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Later...JohnC

System Status: Humming
    Desktop: Intel DX38BT MB - Intel Q9650 3GHz Quad - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics
    Software: Win 10 Pro(Build 1803) - NextPVR - WinTV8
    Video: Verizon FiOS - Hauppauge DCR-3250 - Hauppauge 1512 HDPVR2

You should upload your logs so we can check.

Martin

OK, I thought it may have been something simple. Mibad.

I've attached a new screenshot to match the logs from last night's EPG update. Plus logs. Remember, I have those four channels' EPG source set to None in Settings.

I hope something can be found.

Thanks...JohnC
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yeah, my EPG just started not displaying too. It looks like all the dates are in the XMLTV file (added to log ZIP for reference), but just a dead stop today. Should be getting about 7 days worth of data. Latest versions of everything, has always been working fine until recently.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by that_guy View Post
    Yeah, my EPG just started not displaying too. It looks like all the dates are in the XMLTV file (added to log ZIP for reference), but just a dead stop today. Should be getting about 7 days worth of data. Latest versions of everything, has always been working fine until recently.
    I took a look at your xmltv. There is a gap in the listings. If you jump forward a day, you'll see more listings in the guide.

ie, looks like your problem is related to whatever utility you're using to create your xmltv file.

Yeah, I was just coming back in to clarify. I was seeing that same gap in the listings that seemed to be in the screenshot above. It's only a couple three hours so not the end of the world, but just in case it was related I figured I could post up as another example. Thanks for checking so quickly.

Where are you xmltv files coming from?

Been a while since I uploaded my logs. Any idea on why the listing goes blank for those "channels" after 8 days? Still happening.

Thanks...JohnC

Quote Originally Posted by jcole998 View Post
    Been a while since I uploaded my logs. Any idea on why the listing goes blank for those "channels" after 8 days? Still happening.

Thanks...JohnC
    When you have missing listings, NextPVR fills any gaps with fake entries with the title "(no show details)". I'm pretty sure the logic that fills those gaps only looks ahead about a week.

I seem to remember a setting that I used to control how many days are shown for those channels with EPG data marked as None in the channels list. Is there such a setting? Something else wrong?
    There has never been a setting for this. I can increase it though.

OK, sub, thanks. May I suggest that the "no details" entries should extend to the number of days of the guide. <SchedulesDirectDays>14</SchedulesDirectDays>

Thanks again...