Thread: Green/MCE button starts NPVR without focus

Green/MCE button starts NPVR without focus

When pressing the green/MCE button on an MCE remote (e.g. Hauppauge, Pinnacle etc.) NextPVR starts correctly, but often does not have focus. I have to press the 'back' button to gain focus.

Window focus usually remains on the desktop icons. Is there a way to ensure NextPVR always takes focus?

maybe (i can't be sure) try creating a shortcut to nextpvr.exe and add -ontop to the command line arguments in the shortcut properties and then have the green button call this shortcut instead of nextpvr.exe

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\NextPVR.exe" -ontop
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

Hi gEd,

This sounds promising. Where do I configure the green button? In the registry?

Quote Originally Posted by hmc View Post
    Hi gEd,

Well if it's a Hauppauge one (like I had many years ago) I think there is a file called irremote.ini (possibly in c:\windows?) that you could edit in notepad to program how ir.exe works in response to key presses.

Otherwise, if it's a proper MCE remote then my advice may not be correct here and this is outside of my knowledge. There is a very very old thread somewhere on the forum that talked about this. search for MCE green button and take a look.

I presume when you say that the focus is still on the icons, that you are running nextpvr in window mode and not full screen?
    Is it only the back button that gives nextpvr focus or do other keys also do this?
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

Quote Originally Posted by hmc View Post
    I had the same focus problem so I added a keypress to the NPVR shortcut (ALT+SHIFT+N) and then used MCERemoteMapper to assign that combination to the green button.

https://github.com/osjoberg/MceRemoteMapper

Stanno

Hey Stanno, gEd,

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking into everything now.