Thread: Replaced colossus - now "no show details"

Replaced colossus - now "no show details"

My old colossus died, so I bought a new colossus 2. After getting it installed, I now have "no show details" all over my EPG. Not every channel, but many.
    Here is what I did:

1. Old colossus had already been removed from my computer.
    2. Installed the Colossus 2 and all the Hauppauge software and got it working (WinTV 8.5, Hauppauge Capture and IR blaster).
    3. Opened NPVR and went to SETTINGS>DEVICES
    4. It showed both the old colossus and the new colossus 2 even though the old one was gone along with its driver.
    5. Right clicked the old colossus and "Delete Device".
    6. Selected colossus 2 and "Device Setup"
    7. At top, INPUT SOURCE TO "HDMI", CHANGER to "Executable", EXECUTABLE to "Haupblast.exe"
    8. Clicked "IMPORT" button.
    9. Changed Source to "Schedules Direct". It shows the correct "Verizon FIOS Philadelphia" in the lineup box.
    10 Right clicked on channels and selected "disable all". Now, select the channels I want and click OK.
    11 Did Update EPG when it asked.
    12 Channel list in HDPVR Settings box looks good. Clicked OK in this box.
    13 EPG shows ALL the channels from schedules direct, not just the ones I checked. This was a surprise.
    14 Settings>Channels and remove the ones I don't want, Update EPG.
    15 EPG now shows the correct channels, but many have "no show details".
    16 No matter how many times I run "Update EPG", doesn't help. Still "no show details".

I figure I did something wrong here, but not sure what or how to fix.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you want to supply your npvr.db3, and let me know the zip code, I'll add "Verizon FIOS Philadelphia" to my lineups and try it here.

Sub,

Too large to attach. I can put on one drive, but not real sure how you would get to it. If that will work, let me know, or suggest alternative.

Walt

Sub,

Try this link for one drive:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmFK7SDJM9OmiyOA...P4x1L?e=CstF42

Let me know.

It looks like Schedules Direct is having some issues at the moment

Lots of their listings are returning this when ask for the show details, which results in no listings for that channel:

{"message": "Could not find requested programID."}

I'd say try it again later. If it doesn't start working by itself, we can talk to Schedules Direct about it.

(they're suppling the list of times each program is on, aka the schedule, but when I ask for the program details (titles, descriptions etc), they're saying they can't find that program)

OK. Did I do something wrong in setting this up that caused ALL the channels to show up? Should I just accept them all and then fix it in Settings>Channels?

Thanks
    Walt

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
    OK. Did I do something wrong in setting this up that caused ALL the channels to show up?
    I don't know - sorry, I forgot to check that. I'll check it next time I'm using a HDPVR or Colossus. (easy workaround for now, delete on the Channels screen)

Yeah, that's what I did, however I found that pretty tedious. I don't use MANY SD channels because HD channels exist, so it's much more straightforward for me to clear it all and then just check the ones I want. In this case, that did not work for whatever reason. Thanks for the response.

BTW, EPG looks OK this morning. Apparently, my 2AM update fixed it up so I guess SD got their act together.

Walt