Thread: Windows 10 freeze

Windows 10 freeze

Hi. The only way I can keep my computer from freezing is to turn off the NPVR recording service. You thought I may have a power config issue. I tried so many alternatives with no luck. Can you provide details on the correct Power settings? Thank you.

Why open a new thread?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by kmarsh View Post
    Hi. The only way I can keep my computer from freezing is to turn off the NPVR recording service. You thought I may have a power config issue. I tried so many alternatives with no luck. Can you provide details on the correct Power settings? Thank you.
    NextPVR doesn't do any power management stuff itself. It just asks Windows to be awake at certain times. Windows takes care of the rest. If you machine isn't waking, or Windows is freezing, this is stuff that is happening outside of NextPVR. (ie, check you've got the latest bios, and Windows Updates etc)

Computer freeze

Hi. I isolated it to this . at 7:20 pm today I changed the time for the EPG update to 7:25 pm, put my computer to sleep and waited. The computer never woke to update the EPG. When I opened the computer at 7:28 it was frozen. Here are the logs. In the nrecord.log at 7:23 pm I notice the time reference of 6/21/19 instead of today's date 6/20/19 and it made me wonder. FYI - the computer was sleeping fine at 4:59 today when it work up to record at 5:00 pm. Thank you for looking at this again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

BTW - I made sure the EPG was good at 7:20. When I brought the computer back up at 7:28 the EPG was "vacuumed" or deleted per the script. So at least it ran.

Last comment - I can update EPG while in NextPVR and it works fine. It's expecting an EPG update while sleeping that is causing my issue / freeze. But like I said before, the system awakens fine to record a show. Thanks.