Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V5 Testing

V5 Testing

I have begun using NextPVR V5 that is installed on the same machine with the V4 installation.

I would like to help out with testing V5 but I'm not sure how to proceed. Can I assume that everything that is shown in either the web or desktop app should work? I've tried quite a few operations and I am getting some good results. But not all.

Would you prefer that I simply list the things individually or just send a broadside post? Are there areas of V5 that shouldn't be of concern yet simply because development is ongoing?

For instance:
    - Web App - Settings - Devices - Do groups work? I can add a group name but seem unable to add channels to it.

- NPVR Tray - Popup always shows device list collapsed. Would much prefer it to show expanded devices that are active.

- Desktop App - Live TV - Will not show channel list from right-click context menu.

There's more but I hope you sense my intent.
    Later...JohnC

System Status: Humming
    Desktop: Intel DX38BT MB - Intel Q9650 3GHz Quad - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics
    Software: Win 10 Pro(Build 1803) - NextPVR - WinTV8
    Video: Verizon FiOS - Hauppauge DCR-3250 - Hauppauge 1512 HDPVR2

Quote Originally Posted by jcole998 View Post
    I have begun using NextPVR V5 that is installed on the same machine with the V4 installation.

I would like to help out with testing V5 but I'm not sure how to proceed. Can I assume that everything that is shown in either the web or desktop app should work? I've tried quite a few operations and I am getting some good results. But not all.

Would you prefer that I simply list the things individually or just send a broadside post? Are there areas of V5 that shouldn't be of concern yet simply because development is ongoing?
    Yes, generally everything should be going. Its a fairly large app though, so there can easily be bits I've either forgotten, or have broken and not notices. I'm happy for you to report stuff however it suits you.

For instance:
    - Web App - Settings - Devices - Do groups work? I can add a group name but seem unable to add channels to it.
    Ok, I have fixed for the next build.

The general idea of how this is used is that you select a channel, and it'll tick the channels that belong to that group. You can tick/untick to add/remove channels from that group. The 'All Channels' group has all channels ticked.

- NPVR Tray - Popup always shows device list collapsed. Would much prefer it to show expanded devices that are active.
    Ok, this is expanded by default in the next build.

- Desktop App - Live TV - Will not show channel list from right-click context menu.
    I'd forgotten about this, but have implemented for the next build.

Probably the wrong place, but am adding a few bits -

Is EPG scheduling hidden away or on the To Do list ?

Probably just me, but find the guide and some of the text in messages bit on the, er, dull side, some text a bit pale grey on inbetweeny grey.

Not sure I follow here is Emby and NextPVR with genre colouring off they don't look that different to me, maybe you could point out to sub what you mean.

Both of them schedule by clicking on the show.

Martin
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Apologies, by scheduling I meant getting NPVR to update the guide every day, at say 10pm. i.e. some kind of option here -

Name:  NextPVR new v5 5.JPG
Views: 209
Size:  23.3 KB

For colouring I meant for the guide the blue and the white scroll bar look much brighter than the rest and maybe the program names and words in general could be a bit brighter. Of course you don't have to agree.

There also a box that popped up somewhere, when you tell it to update the guide, where the text is a bit small and light grey on inbetweeny grey, bit difficult to read.

I'm definitely to UX design expert. I'm just trying to make it look decent.

Quote Originally Posted by arrbee99 View Post
    Apologies, by scheduling I meant getting NPVR to update the guide every day, at say 10pm. i.e. some kind of option here -
    There is a new 'Guide' tab coming to the settings screen in the next couple of weeks, which lets people do stuff like set the update time, managed schedules direct lineups etc.

Coming up with color schemes are definitely hard.

Thanks for the info about the guide.

And it looks better than decent, it looks very good. Just suggesting a few tweaks that you and/or others may/may not agree with.