Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: V5 Testing

Just tried a few things with the new drop and found the following:

-Transcode errors, any channel, web app, on server. Path to ffmpeg that contains folder "Other" was not found. For a local viewing, do I need transcoding at all?
    -Have lost ability to assign channels to groups. Checkboxes do not respond to clicks or space-bar.
    (New item)
    -Fixed the "Other" path problem by manually adding it to the install folder. Now get messages that transcoding is working but I get no picture using live TV, just blackness. 2nd attachment has logs. V4 works normally for live TV. VLC does show live TV using http://localhost:8867/live?channel=505.

These are three biggies. I can do little testing without them.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jcole998; 2019-08-25 at 06:11 PM. Reason: New information
    Later...JohnC

System Status: Humming
    Desktop: Intel DX38BT MB - Intel Q9650 3GHz Quad - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics
    Software: Win 10 Pro(Build 1803) - NextPVR - WinTV8
    Video: Verizon FiOS - Hauppauge DCR-3250 - Hauppauge 1512 HDPVR2

Quote Originally Posted by jcole998 View Post
    -Transcode errors, any channel, web app, on server. Path to ffmpeg that contains folder "Other" was not found. For a local viewing, do I need transcoding at all?
    That odd - ffmpeg is missing from the zip. I usually just unzip the directory over the top of my test machine, and that machine already has that file, so I didn't not it'd gone missing. I'll upload new Windows build soon.

It's only (meant to be) included with the Windows build. The Linux/Mac builds depend on the user having installed it manually. It's only used for viewing in the web app (or if you've got Direct Play turned off in the iOS/Android apps). It's not used for playback in nextpvr.exe, kodi, emby etc.

-Have lost ability to assign channels to groups. Checkboxes do not respond to clicks or space-bar.
    Hmm, just checked here and it seems to be functioning ok. Have you tried pressing Ctrl-F5 to refresh the page - I'm wondering if it's not logged since restarting the server, and maybe your browser is just presenting you cached pages.

If you're definitely logged in, but it's still doing it, if you press F12 in your browser, and click on the console tab, are you getting any red error messages when you try to tick channels?

Tried what you suggested, sub, but no red messages. I'd attach what I see but I don't know how to save what I'm looking at. Can you help? In the meantime, I've inserted a .jpg. I've also attached the logs.

Also, I discovered that assigning channels to groups works perfectly using the Firefox browser but not Edge. Edge will faithfully show changes and groups that I edit using Firefox. FYI.

Name:  NPVRV5-ChannelGroups.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  176.3 KB
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jcole998; 2019-08-26 at 03:17 PM. Reason: New Info

2019-08-26 09:19:57.270 [INFO][1] Version 5.0.0.190825
    FYI, there was a slightly later 5.0.0.190826 release posted, which fixed an issue with streaming to the web browser, and missing ffmpeg.

For the channel group management on edge, does it help if you click somewhere else on the row other than the checkbox? ie, like the channel name.

You nailed it, sub. Clicking on the row and not the checkbox flips the checkbox on and off. Funny, but I just noticed that checkboxes do flip when clicked when on the initial "Channels" page, not "Advanced Tools - Groups."

The ...190826 drop fixed both web playback and live TV. Thank you.
    Last edited by jcole998; 2019-08-27 at 01:40 PM.
    Later...JohnC

System Status: Humming
    Desktop: Intel DX38BT MB - Intel Q9650 3GHz Quad - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics
    Software: Win 10 Pro(Build 1803) - NextPVR - WinTV8
    Video: Verizon FiOS - Hauppauge DCR-3250 - Hauppauge 1512 HDPVR2

While I'm here...

May I suggest a change to better indicate which page is being shown: Draw a simple white box around the Settings navigation menu item that was last clicked. The same can be done for the last-clicked item on the normal menu bar.

Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole998 View Post
    Draw a simple white box around the Settings navigation menu item that was last clicked.
    I've made a change kind of like this for the next build.

Many thanks, sub. You are the sensei!

One more: I've found no way to change channels while viewing live TV other than stopping it and choosing another channel. V4 permitted typing in a new channel while viewing. Will this eventually be offered?
    Two more: Is there a way to quickly scroll to a channel in guide using the keyboard?

Bump...