Thread: NLite - VCRuntime140.dll not found

NLite - VCRuntime140.dll not found

Downloaded zip file and extracted to "Program Files" folder. When attempted to run NLite, dialog box appeared that VCRuntime140.dll is missing.

Downloading and installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC addressed this.
    Win Server: ASRock P67 Pro3 B3, i5 2500K 4.0Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia GT430 HDMI, Win 10 Pro 64bit, Win-TV Quad HD, Win-TV Nova-T USB.
    UnRaid NAS Server: Gigabyte i7 2600 3.4Ghz, 16GB, S3 Trio VGA PCI Video, DVB LibreElec for DVB-T tuner drivers, Hauppage Win-TV 2210 Dual DVB-T.
    Win Client: Intel NUC i3 Broadwell, 4GB Ram, 128GB SSD, Win 10 Pro 64bit.
    Linux Client: Raspberry Pi 3+, OSMC + Kodi

You should also be able to run it from the client folder that has NextPVR.exe

Martin

Hi Martin, maybe I got this wrong. I thought the Windows client could only communicate at present to a v5 server if installed on the same machine. As my server is a NAS, I wanted to install a client on my Windows laptop, and this is where I got the issue by only extracting the Nlite zip file, which consequently needed the runtime file. The laptop has never had a version of NextPVR installed on it.

I have today unzipped Nlite on another Windows PC which does have NextPVR v4 on it, and Nlite ran OK, so I guess the runtime file must already exist on that PC.
    Win Server: ASRock P67 Pro3 B3, i5 2500K 4.0Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia GT430 HDMI, Win 10 Pro 64bit, Win-TV Quad HD, Win-TV Nova-T USB.
    UnRaid NAS Server: Gigabyte i7 2600 3.4Ghz, 16GB, S3 Trio VGA PCI Video, DVB LibreElec for DVB-T tuner drivers, Hauppage Win-TV 2210 Dual DVB-T.
    Win Client: Intel NUC i3 Broadwell, 4GB Ram, 128GB SSD, Win 10 Pro 64bit.
    Linux Client: Raspberry Pi 3+, OSMC + Kodi

Yes, you should be able to do that. Sounds like I need to include the runtime dlls in the zip file. (or you can install the runtime like you did)