Thread: No Audio, No Video, Won't Record

No Audio, No Video, Won't Record

Using version 4.2.4 (190307) on a 6 month old Lenovo Windows 10 laptop which I recently got back from Lenovo service. I had to do a System Reset which restored Windows 10 without deleting my files but deleted all of my applications.

I reinstalled NextPVR version 4.2.4 (190307) but when I try to watch live TV I get just a blank screen and no audio. I am using a Hauppauge WinTV HVR 955Q with the latest drivers and LAV Audio and Video Encoders (NextPVR worked fine on this laptop before the reset). The HVR 955Q works fine with MediaPortal on Windows 10 and with MythTV on my Linux Mint partition.

When I go to 'Recordings' I see a list of what I tried to record, with the message "Access to the path 'C:\Users\...' is denied".

I checked and I have Administrator rights and Full Control in the Recordings and Pause Buffer folders

I've attached recent log files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SailTV; 2019-07-15 at 04:58 PM.

Won't Record
    What happens when you try to record? Does a file get created? Does it have any data in it?

You added this extra info after my initial reply:

When I go to 'Recordings' I see a list of what I tried to record, with the message "Access to the path 'C:\Users\...' is denied".
    There is a good chance this is the cause of your problems. Make sure you put your recording directory, and live tv buffer directory in a place that NextPVR has access to.

I created new Recordings and Buffer folders in the same folder as NextPVR and it all works again.
    Thank You! I can now delete MediaPortal. NextPVR is the best out there.

Usually people would make these directories outside of the NextPVR folder (in case you want to delete or reinstall later). ie, you might create a C:\Recordings directory to use for this.