Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Things in Guide

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    In most places in the application it already uses the default locale settings from the browser, but not the timeline. I've updated the timeline in the next build to also honor the locale settings.
    Ok

Sorry, I don't follow you. The amount of time shown in the web app's TV Guide depends on how wide your window is. ie, might see six hours of listings on a desktop with window maximized, or a couple of hours on an ipad in portrait, or a bit more on an ipad in landscape.
    that just if look at you look at your own v4 UI and SageTV it scaling better then the web interface when to TV guide

Unfortunately there is no standard colors for channel logos, so it doesn't matter what color I choose, it'll always be wrong for some channel logos.
    I'm refer to dark background color in row down that column change to a lot light color so that to Black logo become visible
    Like this with white vs above color and change letter and number to black so stand out
    Name:  row.png
Views: 46
Size:  10.7 KB

What are you asking for here?
    Let you have say the rows set at 80px wide dbl it 160px wide bump up font bold and bump size and to match

The next build will use the original channel name found during scan, rather than the Schedules Direct channel name. If you've already got channels in your database, you'll need to either delete them and rescan, or rename them manually, since the channel names are decided at scan time.
    Ok sound good

Quote Originally Posted by shspvr View Post
    that just if look at you look at your own v4 UI and SageTV it scaling better then the web interface when to TV guide
    I still don't know what you're trying to say. Web apps are entirely different to desktop apps, and the shape of the browser window is going to vary widely depending the device you're using, or how the user has shaped their browser on their desktop.

Are you saying you want it to always show the same amount of info, and resize the fonts etc as the user resizes their browser window? That'd be odd. Web apps don't work that way.

I'm refer to dark background color in row down that column change to a lot light color so that to Black logo become visible
    Like this with white vs above color and change letter and number to black so stand out
    Yeah, what I meant was that there is no standard color for icons, so it doesn't matter what color I choose - there will always been some icons that are going to disappear into the background. That said, as per screenshots I posted, I have lightened the channel headers a little in the next release, so you should be able to see the 'NBC' text in the next build.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Looking at the UI Client now after running the script to use the HDHR name it is a lot better and I think the icon must cover the dash since it Number Icon Name (right justified) Before this was mostly unreadable.
    There is no dash in the UI Client. It's only the web app that adds the dash. Without icons it looks like this. ie, left justified channel number, right justified channel name.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Maybe this help
    ops it should said (read with out needed to zoom in)
    Name:  Untitled1.png
Views: 45
Size:  161.8 KB
    Last edited by shspvr; 2019-07-18 at 08:02 PM.

What are you trying to view it on? It's very readable to me. Both of those look fine, but the one on the right has a bigger font. It might come down to whatever device you're using though. The web app is not really optimized for mobile device yet, so this could be a factor if you're on a phone or tablet (where sometimes they have high resolution but small screens).

With a web app you're usually sitting right in front of it, like using a laptop, or mobile device. It's different from a 10ft UI app (like nextpvr.exe), meant for viewing across a room etc.

Doesn't matter if I'm my PC Laptop or an iPad which is way to small even Emby/Plex is more readable heck even many Live TV Steaming app are bigger
    I actually like and think web UI look better then that 10ft UI app nextpvr.exe or Client ver
    What do you used to edited the html look and feel for it ?.
    How this going help under Linux being there no Client we have used a web brower
    Last edited by shspvr; 2019-07-18 at 08:46 PM.

There is no dash in the UI Client. It's only the web app that adds the dash. Without icons it looks like this. ie, left justified channel number, right justified channel name.
    Ok thanks my name were longer and with icons overlapping the callsign it was pretty bad. Your new changes will correct that. Typically in v4 I didn't use minor either since we only have one channel per frequency and it was quite busy.

Martin

How this going help under Linux being there no Client we have used a web brower
    With a Linux backend, you can use clients like the iOS/Android apps, or the Apple TV apps. If you're wanting a client that runs on Linux, Kodi is a good choice. You can also build nlite on Linux, to get you a UI Client, which gives you the traditional NextPVR UI. (nlite is a little rough around the edges but generally works)

Doesn't matter if I'm my PC Laptop or an iPad which is way to small even Emby/Plex is more readable heck even many Live TV Steaming app are bigger
    Can post browser screenshots from the TV Guide pages in Emby, Plex, and NextPVR, with the same sized browser, so I can see the size of the fonts that they've used? I am open minded, and happy to consider changing the font sizes if necessary.

What do you used to edited the html look and feel for it ?.
    Most of this stuff is in css files. A lot of font sizes fall back to default sizes defined in bootstrap, but I can override these.

Can post browser screenshots from the TV Guide pages in Emby, Plex, and NextPVR, with the same sized browser, so I can see the size of the fonts that they've used? I am open minded, and happy to consider changing the font sizes if necessary.

Most of this stuff is in css files. A lot of font sizes fall back to default sizes defined in bootstrap, but I can override these.
    Emby Web brower
    Name:  emby.png
Views: 43
Size:  80.8 KB
    Emby Theater
    Name:  emby-theater.jpg
Size:  141.5 KB
    Emby iPad
    Name:  emby-ipad.jpg
Size:  159.3 KB
    Plex Web brower
    Name:  plex.jpg
Size:  99.7 KB
    I don't have Plex Media Player install and as iPad that is still god darn mess with there app which is really bad and they still not fix the TV guide it so don't laugh to much you my pop blood vessel.
    Name:  plex-ipad.jpg
Size:  187.0 KB