Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: How do I scan for channels?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Yes that is basically what I expected. I think there is something going on with handling newer version of libdvbv5 shspvr also reported something similar to what you and I are seeing.

    Martin
    Thanks, after you said that I immediately tried the docker image where it can have whatever packages/versions it desires without cluttering up the rest of my system. Just for testing purposes (it won't remember any channels/recordings when I reboot my system) I executed the following:

    Code:
    sudo docker run --privileged --publish 8866:8866 -d nextpvr/nextpvr_amd64:latest
    ...and it seems to be working.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29,168
    Why did you choose to run privileged? I run the opposite security model running as nobody and it works fine.

    Martin

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29,168
    @burrows did you have to install libssl1.02 from stretch to get NextPVR to work on buster?

    Martin

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    91,181
    Quote Originally Posted by burrows View Post
    Thanks, after you said that I immediately tried the docker image where it can have whatever packages/versions it desires without cluttering up the rest of my system. Just for testing purposes (it won't remember any channels/recordings when I reboot my system) I executed the following:

    Code:
    sudo docker run --privileged --publish 8866:8866 -d nextpvr/nextpvr_amd64:latest
    ...and it seems to be working.
    I'm glad to hear you were at least able to fall back to Docker to avoid these package issues. We're looking into options for how to fix. There is a lot of nice stuff about Linux, but also a few pain in the arse things.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Why did you choose to run privileged? I run the opposite security model running as nobody and it works fine.

    Martin
    Privileged vs Unprivileged
    • Privileged: NextPVR detects my tuner card, it's available and channels stream. (Attached screenshot Privileged.png)
    • Unprivileged: NextPVR detects my tuner card but it's unavailable and channels don't stream. (Attached screenshot Unprivileged.png)


    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    @burrows did you have to install libssl1.02 from stretch to get NextPVR to work on buster?

    Martin
    I don't have any backports from previous versions of Debian and I don't remember installing libssl1.02, however, the following packages were automatically installed from other applications:
    • libssl-dev
    • libssl1.0.2
    • libssl1.1


    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I'm glad to hear you were at least able to fall back to Docker to avoid these package issues. We're looking into options for how to fix. There is a lot of nice stuff about Linux, but also a few pain in the arse things.
    Linux is too powerful for its own good. With that power comes complication. You'll get used to it
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29,168
    Quote Originally Posted by burrows View Post
    Privileged vs Unprivileged
    • Privileged: NextPVR detects my tuner card, it's available and channels stream. (Attached screenshot Privileged.png)
    • Unprivileged: NextPVR detects my tuner card but it's unavailable and channels don't stream. (Attached screenshot Unprivileged.png)
    Yes right whatever user you run with will need to be in group video to access the adapter, the deb file file that I have prepared to install nextpvr as a service does this so I forgot about it.

    I don't have any backports from previous versions of Debian and I don't remember installing libssl1.02, however, the following packages were automatically installed from other applications:
    • libssl-dev
    • libssl1.0.2
    • libssl1.1
    The problem for me (again for my deb file) is 1.02 is not available from Buster or Ubuntu 19 repo's and NextPVRServer fails without it. With apt install I get

    E: Package 'libssl1.0.2' has no installation candidate

    So I need to figure out how to get them from stretch or 18.04 automatically

    Martin

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8
    At some point during Buster's testing period libssl1.0.2 was available before they upgraded that package. I was using Buster way, way before its official release and libssl would have installed itself way back when. Nothing is dependent on libssl1.0.2 so I can safely uninstall it...but I won't in case I want to try and get NextPVR working outside of a docker container again.

    As for your deb file, is it possible to statically link libssl1.0.2 instead of dynamically linking it? That could also fix the libdvbv5 problem.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29,168
    The libssl problem is with one of the netcore files System.Security.Cryptography.Native.OpenSsl.so as far as I can tell. not much sub can do to fix that. Edit: I think sub could correct this if the runtime files he included were more current.

    sub has addressed the libdvbv5 problem so you should be back in business shortly.

    Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2019-07-22 at 06:03 PM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    CRO
    Posts
    56

    Jess (en50607)

    Better approach to avoid 13 page thread:
    While installing these dependencies is usually fine, there are cases when this requirement is undesirable. For example, when the user of such application doesn't have rights to install applications on the target device. Or when the .NET Core dependencies would conflict with dependencies already installed on the target device. To enable that scenario, .NET Core 2.0 and later versions support using local copies of third-party dependency libraries. Applications can carry those dependencies and use them, even if there are system-wide installed versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by burrows View Post
    My environment:
    • Debian 10 (Buster)
    • Tuner card TBS-6902
    • Satellite Astra-28.2E

    Whenever I click "Scan Channels" via the web interface, nothing is found. How do I perform a full scan without knowing any frequencies whatsoever? TVHeadEnd scans all available channels and streams them perfectly, but I can't do the same with NextPVR v5.

    NextPVR detects my twin tuner card:
    Attachment 47283
    It would be nice to see device name and manual scan button. It is misconception to think that this is one-time process if we know about some guys like Rini(certainly not deer hunter) who probably spend good chunk of life in that activity. Default scan will waste too much time on channels which are either enc. or not even receivable in some regions. Unlike others, I don't need thousand channels, but even few interesting are "hidden":

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo P.
    I have 4 DVB tuners for UK terrestrial and 2 DVBS2 tuners to pull in French TV from a couple of satellites for my wife, but after many years they have now encrypted the French channels on the 5W and 13E sats - or not necessarily encrypted but they now show as the attached picture on king of sat - I believe they are now multi streams whatever they are. It's possible one of the TBS card might pull in the multi streams but I suspect getting it to work with NPVR might be a different story.
    Advanced fields like PLS should only be visible if actually supported by frontend.
    Who will explain to that wife about challenges of T2-MI or ETI satellite distribution...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •