Thread: TV playback hangs under Kodi then crashes

TV playback hangs under Kodi then crashes

Hi,

I'm experiencing issues getting TV playback to work in Kodi.

Playback via NextPVR is working.

In Kodi, selecting the channel results in an initial screen showing but freezing almost immediately. Kodi then crashes.

Attached are logs for kodi and NextPVR.

Any suggestions appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The problem is v5 does not support timeshift mode and your version of the plugin is obsolete

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons/pvr.nextpvr/pvr.nextpvr.so.3.3.13

so you need to upgrade to plugin version 3.3.15 which will automatically disable timeshifting or disable it in the settings.

Future versions of the plugin will hopefully support a new method of timeshifting however that will be not be available in older versions of Kodi (17 and below)

I hadn't thought about this before because I am running 3.3.15 but in v5 sub should probably handle the mode=liveshift parameter and return an error to avoid unknown behaviour.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    The problem is v5 does not support timeshift mode and your version of the plugin is obsolete

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons/pvr.nextpvr/pvr.nextpvr.so.3.3.13

so you need to upgrade to plugin version 3.3.15 which will automatically disable timeshifting or disable it in the settings.

Future versions of the plugin will hopefully support a new method of timeshifting however that will be not be available in older versions of Kodi (17 and below)

I hadn't thought about this before because I am running 3.3.15 but in v5 sub should probably handle the mode=liveshift parameter and return an error to avoid unknown behaviour.

Martin

Thanks Martin, disabled timeshift and its working.