Thread: install issues

install issues

Ubuntu 19.04 fresh install.
    I copy and pasted the .sh files (from the install post) to install and start.

When I run the start script I get an error:

A fatal error occurred, the required library libhostfxr.so could not be found.
    If this is a self-contained application, that library should exist in [/root/NPVR/].
    If this is a framework-dependent application, install the runtime in the default location [/usr/share/dotnet] or use the DOTNET_ROOT environment variable to specify the runtime location.
    I tried apt install libhostfx.so and got a couldn't be found.

What did I miss?

That is the error you get when you are point to a folder without .dotnet. Did you download the arm64 zip in error?

Note there are other potential issues in 19.04 that will be addressed in a new build by sub.

Martin

Upon further scrolling I find that the problem seems to be that dotnet-hosting-2.0.8 is not getting installed because a couple of libraries that dotnet-runtime-2.0.7 depends on can't be installed on 19.04.

I don't need 19.04, just installed on a whim, I'll try to downgrade to 18.04.

Currently NPVR.zip will include the runtime so that is not the issue looks more like a configuration issue on your end. It sound like you might have followed drmargarit's post which is not correct.

Martin

You think somebody could post the correction? If it is just the address of the tvheadend I tried both.

Sub's instructions work ok.

Martin

Yeah, but the thread is locked so I can't do anything about the bad info that looks like it should work. And since it is in a locked thread it appears that a mod thought it was good info.

I finally got it working by installing the .deb file referenced in here in post #1 https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthrea...-Install-issue And following subs instructions.

This one is solved!

The next Linux build gets around that.

Martin

Well, I thought it was solved. On 7/31 everything was fine on 8/4 the only signals my Hauppauge hvr-1250 see on my cable are the 10 public access channels. It used to pick up about 23 clear QAM channels.

I have purged and reinstalled a couple of times with the same results, using nextpvr-helper.deb. Tvheadend finds all of the clear QAM channels.

Ubuntu 19.04

There are some QAM fixes on Linux in the next build.