Thread: V 5.0.0 (190710) mass channel delete - dustbin

V 5.0.0 (190710) mass channel delete - dustbin

Been playing with IPTV again and found far too many channels imported and having trouble tidying up (fell back to delete database!)
    In settings > channels all the 1000's of channels appear and can be flagged both individually and in a block with the normal normal Windows keys.
    However, to delete I appear to be only able to hit the dustbin icon and not the delete key. I am deleting from the end (as that is where the garbage channels appear) but the dustbin icon only appear at the top of the first page, so I have to scroll up 70- odd thousand channels . It would be nice to have the dustbin available to all the time and/or the delete key working.
    ta

There appears to be a good selection of m3u editors which would allow you to clean the lists before the import which to me would be most efficient. Highlight and delete is one thing sorting is important too.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by martint123 View Post
    It would be nice to have the dustbin available to all the time and/or the delete key working.
    FYI - the current version of the app lets you press the 'delete' key.

Jumping in on this thread...
    Looking to do something similar. I imported about 37,000 channels from my provider, many of which are on demand episodes. Would like to pare the list down to the ~50 channels I care about. When I setup the provider I got a huge list of channels to parse through, and don't see a way to filter or sort that list so it's next to impossible to find my channels in such a large list, so I imported all with hopes of being able to shrink it down after. Under Settings\Devices, the entire list shows but I don't see an option to delete specific channels. In Settings\Channels, it's just an empty list. Understanding that this is still in beta, any suggestions on how to pare the list down, or am I better off getting an m3u editor to do that? Can you recommend a good m3u editor that I can check out to help?

Thanks VERY much for your help. This is an awesome product!

Quote Originally Posted by greg4168 View Post
    ...... In Settings\Channels, it's just an empty list.
    Wait a bit longer - mine takes a long time to populate the list AFAIR . I delete in batches of around 1000 channels.
    The snag of course is all the unwanted channels re-appearing when doing an m3u update ;(

Martin's suggestion of pre-processing an m3u download and npvr updating from a file rather than online, seems the easiest at present.

On the Settings->Channels screen, it can be useful to use the search box to help delete channels. For example, if you're not interested in on-demand channels, and your IPTV provider has them all start with something like "24x7", type that in the search box, click the check box in the number field header, and all the visible channel will be selected, then click the delete key on the keyboard. Repeat for other groups you're not interesteding….not interested in Brazilian channels, and they all start with "brz:", type that...etc

Thanks guys...