Thread: Can't watch live tv in chrome

Can't watch live tv in chrome

I reinstalled nextpvr a few days ago using the .deb instructions.
    I can record and playback recordings but livetv fails.
    I thought it might be a permissions issue but I changed the live tv directory to be the same as the recordings directory and it didn't help.

VLC cannot play live tv either.
    Code:
    Your input can't be opened:
    VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://192.168.86.25:8866/live?channel_id=7149'. Check the log for details.
    NextPVR Logs attached...

Wierd....
    I was going to attach the vlc log also. Vlc doesn't log unless you turn on logging. Turned on logging and tried to stream. Failed again and no log. Killed vlc, restarted it and now it plays the stream. Nextpvr now plays live streams too. Computers

JLM
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by drmargarit View Post
    Wierd....
    I was going to attach the vlc log also. Vlc doesn't log unless you turn on logging. Turned on logging and tried to stream. Failed again and no log. Killed vlc, restarted it and now it plays the stream. Nextpvr now plays live streams too. Computers
    Was it working in Chrome after that too?

The deb installer setup the permission to /home/drm/recordings. When you change to any new folder such as

/mnt/npvr1/NPVR1

you need to make sure the video group (preferred) or the nextpvr user has read/write/execute access to the folder.

Martin

To summarize:
    0) I was trying to trouble shoot and give you as much useful information as possible...
    1) It wasn't working when the live tv dir was the default set by the installer. I did a chmod -R 777 (I believe) to give everyone full access to /home/drm/recordings (all the rwx's were present with ls -al) and it didn't help.
    2) I was recording successfully to /mnt/npvr1/NPVR1 so I knew I had good permissions there. I changed the live dir to that and it didn't help.
    3) I tried playing it with vlc and it didn't work either.
    4) I did some things that shouldn't have any made any difference and the stream started playing in both Chrome and VLC.
    5) Computers are a pain.

JLM

The hack I need to support the default /home/userid/recordings folders is certainly a pain, you wouldn't typically even do that kind of setup on Windows.

Do you know if /home/drm/recordings existed before you ran the deb installer? I am thinking that could be a problem area.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    The hack I need to support the default /home/userid/recordings folders is certainly a pain, you wouldn't typically even do that kind of setup on Windows.

Do you know if /home/drm/recordings existed before you ran the deb installer? I am thinking that could be a problem area.

Martin
    Sorry, I don't recall. Only if it was created by the old npvr installation.

JLM

Quote Originally Posted by drmargarit View Post
    Sorry, I don't recall. Only if it was created by the old npvr installation.

JLM
    Yes I believe it would have been, I am making a change for the next deb that will deal with an existing folder better.

Martin

Thanks Martin