Thread: Manual Recording - Web Panel

Manual Recording - Web Panel

Hi Folks,

This may be a request, but I don't suppose there is a way I can manual record without using Kodi or Nlite?

I have thousands of channels which makes it a nightmare on NLite to search through each of them to find a channel, and would be much better on the web panel which is my main interface.

Cheers,
    Josh.

You can do it programmatically. The problem with any UI is the unmanageable pick list of channels I can't see it being easier even in the web browser.

Martin

thanks Martin but what do you mean about programmatically?

using the EPG isn't an option as these are for recordings beyond my EPG.

I can't see any pick list being faster then what is shown in the Kodi PVR addon. I also can't imagine being able to remember thousands of channel numbers for using in any direct entry interface. How do you envision you will select a channel?

Also, you've created your own nightmare, your should reduce your guide to a realistic number of channels.

Martin

Remembering the channel numbers isn't a big deal as I can get them from the tv guide. I just use the web page to CTRL + F to the channel.

My problem with the Kodi Addon is that when I type in the UI Client, it doesn't recognize a bunch of letters and does odd functions instead in the search bar.

No not the UI Client the pvr addon. If it is too big a list for Kodi, you already know that I think you should shorten the list.

You can't really ctrl-f in pick lists, sub would need to develop a page that you would select from.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by joshskey View Post
    I have thousands of channels which makes it a nightmare on NLite to search through each of them to find a channel, and would be much better on the web panel which is my main interface.
    Remembering the channel numbers isn't a big deal
    FYI, in NLite or nextpvr.exe, on the manual recordings screen, when you have the channel highlighted, you can type a channel number, then press enter.

That said, adding a manual record popup in the web app is on my todo list.