Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recording Issues

Recording Issues

I was checking on it progress with multiple back to back recording only find that crash

● nextpvr-server.service - NextPVRServer
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nextpvr-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: signal) since Fri 2019-08-09 16:02:04 CDT; 1h 43min ago
    Process: 1515 ExecStart=/opt/nextpvr/shell/server.sh start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 1519 (code=killed, signal=ABRT)

Aug 09 16:01:40 shspvr-game server.sh[1515]: at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byt
    Aug 09 16:01:40 shspvr-game server.sh[1515]: at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String da
    Aug 09 16:01:40 shspvr-game server.sh[1515]: at NShared.LocalRecorder.StartStream(ChannelMapping channelMapping, String
    Aug 09 16:01:40 shspvr-game server.sh[1515]: at NShared.RecordingService.WorkerThread()
    Aug 09 16:01:40 shspvr-game server.sh[1515]: at System.Threading.Thread.ThreadMain_ThreadStart()
    Aug 09 16:01:40 shspvr-game server.sh[1515]: at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executio
    Aug 09 16:01:40 shspvr-game server.sh[1515]: --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    Aug 09 16:01:40 shspvr-game server.sh[1515]: at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatch Info.Throw()
    Aug 09 16:02:04 shspvr-game systemd[1]: nextpvr-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT
    Aug 09 16:02:04 shspvr-game systemd[1]: nextpvr-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
    ~

I add some screenshot and log any though sub ?.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's cool that the service status command trapped the stdout that wasn't logged. I would not have thought about that. Just a note that if you make your ssh terminal window wider you would see more text that got truncated in that capture.

Martin

I think I know going on here I think it because of Pre-Padding Post-Padding and it change channel to due to lack of tuner

nextpvr-server.service - NextPVRServer
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nextpvr-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: signal) since Fri 2019-08-09 19:01:42 CDT; 2min 10s ago
    Process: 15606 ExecStart=/opt/nextpvr/shell/server.sh start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 15608 (code=killed, signal=ABRT)

Aug 09 19:01:41 shspvr-game server.sh[15606]: at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
    Aug 09 19:01:41 shspvr-game server.sh[15606]: at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
    Aug 09 19:01:41 shspvr-game server.sh[15606]: at NShared.LocalRecorder.StartStream(ChannelMapping channelMapping, String target, String& reason)
    Aug 09 19:01:41 shspvr-game server.sh[15606]: at NShared.RecordingService.WorkerThread()
    Aug 09 19:01:41 shspvr-game server.sh[15606]: at System.Threading.Thread.ThreadMain_ThreadStart()
    Aug 09 19:01:41 shspvr-game server.sh[15606]: at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    Aug 09 19:01:41 shspvr-game server.sh[15606]: --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    Aug 09 19:01:41 shspvr-game server.sh[15606]: at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatch Info.Throw()
    Aug 09 19:01:42 shspvr-game systemd[1]: nextpvr-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT
    Aug 09 19:01:42 shspvr-game systemd[1]: nextpvr-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

I'm a bit short on time today, but I'll try to reproduce it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I'm a bit short on time today, but I'll try to reproduce it tomorrow.
    With HVR-2250 dual tuner only installed
    I set Pre-Padding to 0 and Post-Padding also to 0 and it keep right on going never crashing after 4 hours so I sure that also affect Windows as well
    So look like it need some improvement made to Intelligent Recording in this area

was you able to reproduce it sub ?.

Sorry, been snowed under with day-job stuff the last few days, so haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Ok

FYI - I spent quite a bit of time the last couple of days trying to reproduce this issue, with different types of back to back recordings, but wasn't able to. I have however now added disk logging for DeviceHostLinux, so I should be able to get you to reproduce the issue, and supply the logs. Hopefully this will give me enough information to get to the bottom of it.

I'm intending to do a new release today or tomorrow, which will including that extra logging. I wont make you wait another couple of weeks for a fix though - I'll get on with a fix as soon as you can supply the logs showing the error.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    FYI - I spent quite a bit of time the last couple of days trying to reproduce this issue, with different types of back to back recordings, but wasn't able to. I have however now added disk logging for DeviceHostLinux, so I should be able to get you to reproduce the issue, and supply the logs. Hopefully this will give me enough information to get to the bottom of it.

I'm intending to do a new release today or tomorrow, which will including that extra logging. I wont make you wait another couple of weeks for a fix though - I'll get on with a fix as soon as you can supply the logs showing the error.
    Ok look forward to it