Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio track 1 (MPEG1,NAR)

Audio track 1 (MPEG1,NAR)

when I select bbc1 hd by default it uses stream track 1 (MPEG1,NAR) . I have to manually change to track 2 (AC3, eng) every time. Is there a way to make track 2 (AC3, eng) default when I select this channel ?

solved, disabled MPEG1 in decoders on host machine

If you can supply a sample recordings, I'm happy to look why it's defaulting to this track.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    If you can supply a sample recordings, I'm happy to look why it's defaulting to this track.
    Sure no problem, please find attached link .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpddjfjlan...081-10.ts?dl=0

im still have the same problem. i thourght i solved it still play (NAR AUDIO) by defult evan when watching live tv. also seems to be mainly HD channels.

Thanks for the reply

Thanks.

I haven't looked at it in NextPVR yet, but I tried it in a couple of other players, and it defaults to the NAR audio track there too. It seems to be related to the ordering of the tracks in the broadcast

Thanks.

I haven't looked at it in NextPVR yet, but I tried it in a couple of other players, and it defaults to the NAR audio track there too. It seems to be related to the ordering of the tracks in the broadcast
    Okay, thanks. it is only on my free sat channels. If I remember rightly, I do get a few channels with the same name. I'll do another scan and check it out.

Thanks.

okay, so it is some of the broadcast that have the NAR AUDIO by defult and some have ac3. is there a way just to scan the ac3 audio channels ? for example itv hd has ac3 broadcast as well as an NAR AUDIO but there no way of talling until you veiw the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by spudjg1 View Post
    okay, so it is some of the broadcast that have the NAR AUDIO by defult and some have ac3. is there a way just to scan the ac3 audio channels ? for example itv hd has ac3 broadcast as well as an NAR AUDIO but there no way of talling until you veiw the channel.
    If you had the use 'legacy ts reader' ticked, you can set <LanguagePreference1>eng</LanguagePreference1> in config.xml, and it'll look for English tracks, which will rule out the 'nar' language track.

If you had the use 'legacy ts reader' ticked, you can set <LanguagePreference1>eng</LanguagePreference1> in config.xml, and it'll look for English tracks, which will rule out the 'nar' language track.
    Ok thanks sub, I'll check it out later. Were do I find the config.xml file ?

WinXP SP3 A8V-X Athlon 64 FX-60 2.60GHz 2GB
    NextPVR 3.4.8