Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How to change EPG Auto Update time

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    22

    How to change EPG Auto Update time

    Hi folks,

    I understand that the EPG Auto Updates, but could please someone point me to how you can set how often it updates?

    As I've got a 24 hour EPG, i'd like to set it to update more often than it does already.

    Cheers,
    Josh.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,165
    In the current beta release ... you have to edit the config.xml file ... but NextPVR will only auto update once every 24 hours.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    22
    Thanks for that.

    I can see there is the following options relevant:
    <EPGUpdateHour>2</EPGUpdateHour>
    <EPGUpdateTime>02:44:00</EPGUpdateTime>
    <EPGUpdateEnabled>true</EPGUpdateEnabled>

    Does anybody know what EPGUpdateHour means?
    I am looking to have the EPG update every 2/3 hours if possible, is there a way I can set this?

    Cheers,
    Josh.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,165
    Quote Originally Posted by joshskey View Post

    I can see there is the following options relevant:
    <EPGUpdateHour>2</EPGUpdateHour>
    <EPGUpdateTime>02:44:00</EPGUpdateTime>
    <EPGUpdateEnabled>true</EPGUpdateEnabled>

    Does anybody know what EPGUpdateHour means?
    I am looking to have the EPG update every 2/3 hours if possible, is there a way I can set this?
    I suspect that <EPGUpdateHour> is not now used because it was causing a flood of requests to EPG providers at the top of each hour. The value to set is <EPGUpdateTime> and NextPVR will do the update every 24 hours at that time.

    There is a command line parameter in Version 4 that allows a batch file to be scheduled and run by the operating system but the command line interface is work in progress in the beta of Version 5. I am expecting that there will be a "nscripthelper" utility that can be run from the command line or in a command file that accepts parameters such as "-updateEPG".
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    22
    Thanks pal, sounds like a waiting game then. Cheers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    91,181
    The next release lets you specify more than one update time. There is also a way to manually trigger it from script helper.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    22
    Thanks Sub, look forward to it

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Newnan, GA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    The next release lets you specify more than one update time. There is also a way to manually trigger it from script helper.
    Can you tell me how to specify more than one update time in the Docker version (Version: 5.0.0.190916), please?

    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by sixshooterz; 2019-09-16 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Add platform

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    91,181
    Quote Originally Posted by sixshooterz View Post
    Can you tell me how to specify more than one update time in the Docker version (Version: 5.0.0.190916), please?

    Thanks in advance!
    On the Settings->Guide page, you can type multiple update times separated by a comma like "02:00:00,04:30:00"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Newnan, GA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    On the Settings->Guide page, you can type multiple update times separated by a comma like "02:00:00,04:30:00"
    Perfect! Thank you! Does that also re-scan channels or is that a manual process?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •