Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPEG-2 Channels won't play (black screen in nextpvr and disconnect from Kodi)

WinTV finds 30 channels, and not the ones I'm looking for.
    Nextpvr found 27 channels last time...
    Let me check the antenna and amplifier and try again...

30 channels in WinTV last time

But now I scanned again in Nextpvr I got 37 and the channels I was looking for are there.
    Either the machine I switched to is not powerful enough to scan in consistent manner or antenna/amplifier has a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by aderlopas View Post
    30 channels in WinTV last time

But now I scanned again in Nextpvr I got 37 and the channels I was looking for are there.
    Either the machine I switched to is not powerful enough to scan in consistent manner or antenna/amplifier has a problem...
    Sometime just do a rescan can help maybe it broadline weak channel or bad luck

It is probably marginal signal on those channels.

If you record on one of these MPEG2 channels that are problematic, do you end up with a file? Is it playable in another player like VLC?

OK, I think I found the problem.
    I deleted everything, checked antenna, amplifier, changed the Happauge USB stick to be on a USB 3.0 port (as opposed to USB 2.0) port that I had put it, and then installed both Nextpvr V4 and NextPVR V5.
    NextPVR found the channels (total 32), and NextPVR found 41 Channels (but with duplicates...no automatic grouping based on name and keeping the best signal ones?).
    Each device is now discovering the same number of channels so I guess that USB 2.0 must have been the problem, as now the Happauge USB stick behaves in a deterministic manner., as it should...
    Now also the MPEG2 channels I was not able to play before, play just fine.