Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: No Tuner data

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    38
    I have tried to schedule a recording using the NextPVR Android client.
    I get the message ( Unable to schedule recording, No Tuner Available)

    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by KyleC_USA; 2019-09-10 at 09:49 PM. Reason: add logs

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    91,154
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    There is no manual recording in the web app yet, you can use Kodi for that. For your USB drive you might want to use the UDEV name with GUID in case you have multiple drive.
    Actually there is - on the Scheduler page, you can click the "+" button on the right side of the screen.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    91,154
    KyleC_USA, realistically I'd just recommend setting up Schedules Direct though - everything is so much easier and nicer with proper TV listings.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29,149
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Actually there is - on the Scheduler page, you can click the "+" button on the right side of the screen.
    Oops missed that.

    Martin

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    KyleC_USA, realistically I'd just recommend setting up Schedules Direct though - everything is so much easier and nicer with proper TV listings.
    I am looking at Schedules Direct for a free trial. I currently use NextPVR 4.2.4 and have a epg.xml
    I tried copy the epg.xml to the Docker/Pi and pointing to it but it did not import.

    Is that working or is Schedules Direct only option right now?

    Thanks,

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29,149
    Put the xml file in the source for config and just just /config/epg.xml as the file name. If that doesn't work play around and reconsider SD Each question on this is basically a waste of our time when SD works so well

    Martin

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    91,154
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleC_USA View Post
    I am looking at Schedules Direct for a free trial. I currently use NextPVR 4.2.4 and have a epg.xml
    I tried copy the epg.xml to the Docker/Pi and pointing to it but it did not import.

    Is that working or is Schedules Direct only option right now?
    xmltv will be fine - you just need to put it somewhere visible from Docker. Like Martin's suggestion of using /home/pi/config, and using the path /config/epg.xml in the application (since /config is mapped to your /home/pi/config directory)

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Put the xml file in the source for config and just just /config/epg.xml as the file name. If that doesn't work play around and reconsider SD Each question on this is basically a waste of our time when SD works so well

    Martin
    I am sorry Martin you have been very helpful and I do not wish to waste anyone's time. The option to import the epg.xml was listed so I tried it. This is a public beta to flush out things not working or to help explain configuration for documentation. So I wanted to try it piece by piece and do my part to help with de-bugging any issues.

    I could not get the import of the epg.xml to work but as suggested by both you and sub I have registered to Schedules Direct for 1yr. (Already used trial before).
    I could have cheated and used a different email and subscribed again but that is dishonest.

    Long story short. The Schedules Direct is pulling in the channels data and I have scheduled a few shows to record. I can report back status here. if I have playback issues i will start a new thread. I currently use Kodi on a Firestick with NextPVR plugin loaded. I also use Android Client on my phone.

    Thanks again for your assistance.

    Kyle
    Last edited by KyleC_USA; 2019-09-11 at 01:23 AM. Reason: typos

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29,149
    Sorry iI came across so strong, but before posting I did try with a /config/xmltv.xml on my docker so I know it works and it is just configuration on your end which we can't really help with. I was burnt today with the manual recording response, and didn't want to tell you something that didn't work.

    Sub put a lot of great work into SD support and it seems like such a waste not to use it to save a couple of bucks a month.

    Martin

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HK - Pal I
    Posts
    3,465
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Sub put a lot of great work into SD support and it seems like such a waste not to use it to save a couple of bucks a month. Martin
    And that’s super appreciated but spare a moment for the folks who simply can’t use SD as it’s not offered where they live and watch TV.

    Cheers

    k
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •