Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BDA multiplexer info (for DVB users)

BDA multiplexer info (for DVB users)

Since I get so many questions about multiplexers, I've created a utility to help people see which multiplexers are installed on their machine, where they are installed, and what version they are.

You can download it from http://www.gbpvr.com/MuxChecker.zip

Question

Well....I finally have to ask....what exactly is the BDA Multiplexer option on the Misc screen in config anyway? I use PVR-150's and have always left this set to SS (Whatever that stands for).

I have run your tool and nothing shows up.....since I am getting recordings I am assuming this is a setting I don't need to worry about.

Is this something I should be concerned with? My recordings have always been excellent......but my couriosity is getting the best of me.

The BDA Multiplexer is only used for those with digital capture devices (ATSC HDTV, DVB-T, DVB-S), and doesnt apply to regular analog cards like the PVR150.

No Multplexer files found

Hi all.
    I am trying to set up a twinham DVB-T but can't detect any multiplex filters. I have Cyberlink Power DVD5 installed and DVD playback works fine. I just can't set up any FTA channels.

I have also tried another PC with Intervideo but the MuxChecker doesn't find filters on either.

Any help would be appreciated as this looks like a really cool application.

PS. I really like being able to launch other applications as plug-ins. Nice and easy.

I have Cyberlink Power DVD5 installed and DVD playback works fine.
    These types of application only install an MPEG2 decoder, not a MPEG2 multiplexer. See http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php...29&postcount=4 for a recent mux.

Manual channel entry?

Thanks Sub,
    I also found another thread where apparently Twinham deregisters the Microsoft Demultiplexer filter. reregistering seemed to fix this problem.
    <snip>
    Last edited by sub; 2005-09-17 at 04:26 AM. Reason: deleted off-topic questions

This isnt a general support thread. If you've got a question post it elsewhere. This sticky thread is just about muxes and MuxChecker, and I dont want it clogged up with all sorts of noise.

I've deleted your off topic questions.

i have done the search for multiplexers but my system is showing as having none installed. Where can i geta multiplexer from?

Quote Originally Posted by tank_rider
    i have done the search for multiplexers but my system is showing as having none installed. Where can i geta multiplexer from?
    Installing the native TV app that came with your card/device will normally do it. If not, then try installing WinDVD Creator (Trial version OK, the muxes don't generally "run-out") and/or Cyberlink PowerDVD Trial and/or Showshifter Trial.

See also http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FAQ/Codec#toc1
    Cheers
    k.

This is cute... I get this message when I run the aforementioned utility.

NO MULTIPLEXER FILTERS WHERE FOUND ON YOUR MACHINE.

GB-PVR will not function correctly.
    However, the following show up under the GB-PVR Config:
    CyberLink
    InterVideo
    SS
    Hauppauge MPEG2 Muxer
    Microsoft DVR-MS
    Transport Stream

The original value was Microsoft DVR-MS which I've since changed in trying to find a format that FusionHDTV is happy with. I tried Transport Stream, which I thought was a general/standard format that FusionHDTV supported, but it didn't like the recorded file.

Also, I do seem to be able to record and playback digital broadcasts despite the utility claiming that I should not be able to.
    -Joe

Athlon XP 1800+
    1GB DDR2700
    FusionHDTV5 Gold Plus
    Radeon 9500 128MB => 9700