Thread: XGuide genre color-coding

XGuide genre color-coding

Jorm,
    I just found some shows in XGuide to have a yellow-colored background. A forum thread told me that you have the ability to color-code genre and had just set SciFi to yellow.
    However, since the text in the guide boxes is white (at least in the skins I've used), setting the background color to yellow in the box renders the program name (white on yellow) unreadable.
    Even if that weren't a problem, once you set colors for many genre then the guide will start to look like a crazy-quilt -- not too classy.

How about something visible, but more subtle? Perhaps a small color-coded square or triangle in the upper right corner of the program box? Or a slightly thicker, color-coded border around the box? Whatever the solution, we can't sacrifice readability of the text.

Cheers .... Bob

you can deactivate color coding or do selective color coding like movie channels.
    WinXP Home
    3 X MVPs
    Hauppauge 250 MCE
    Hauppauge 150
    P-4 2.4 GHz / 768 megs Ram
    610 Gigs Of Media Storage

Smile adding movies

Quote Originally Posted by jorm
    you can deactivate color coding or do selective color coding like movie channels.
    Can I activate color coding for TV Movies only? This way the only other item highlighted would be current Movies displayed in the guide

most likely. Just have to find out what genere it is probably special or movie. I think it is in skin-schedule.xml
    Last edited by jorm; 2005-10-18 at 05:50 PM.
    WinXP Home
    3 X MVPs
    Hauppauge 250 MCE
    Hauppauge 150

I don't get any colours. I'd like to have them. Did you set something somewhere? I see in the settings file the genre colours defined. I imiagine I have to do something in XMLTV?
    Asus P4P800S w/ P4 3.0Ghz Socket 478 CPU Intel chipset; 1GB RAM; Western Digital WD320JU 320GB HDD; Asus N6600 video card; LG DVD ROM; Hauppauge WinTV PVR150; Logitec X-530 5.1 speakers; XP Professional SP; BenQ FP531 15" LCD Montor; Samsung CRT TV via S-Video; Snapstream FireFly Remote; GBPVR 0.94.13 w/ XRecord, MyVideos, MyMusic, Theatre, Weather Plugins

currently it only supports zap.
    WinXP Home
    3 X MVPs
    Hauppauge 250 MCE
    Hauppauge 150

Not quite on topic, but apart from the genre colours I can't seem to change the default background colour from black - ie. no matter what colour I set "NormalListing" to in skin-horiz.xml, it only has a black background. I have tried various approaches, but none seem to work - what have I missed?

cheers,
    Tieke

I will take a look at the code and try to figure out what it uses. Take a look at skin.xml maybe something in there.
    WinXP Home
    3 X MVPs
    Hauppauge 250 MCE
    Hauppauge 150

By Zap you mean Zap2it? If so, that is what I am using.
    Asus P4P800S w/ P4 3.0Ghz Socket 478 CPU Intel chipset; 1GB RAM; Western Digital WD320JU 320GB HDD; Asus N6600 video card; LG DVD ROM; Hauppauge WinTV PVR150; Logitec X-530 5.1 speakers; XP Professional SP; BenQ FP531 15" LCD Montor; Samsung CRT TV via S-Video; Snapstream FireFly Remote; GBPVR 0.94.13 w/ XRecord, MyVideos, MyMusic, Theatre, Weather Plugins

maxil.

Do you run zapimport zaplogin zappassword from the postupdateepg.bat to populate the extra zap info gbpvr doesnt keep?
    WinXP Home
    3 X MVPs
    Hauppauge 250 MCE
    Hauppauge 150