Thread: Plug in Wishlist

Plug in Wishlist

I'm wondering if anyone has written a plug in database viewer for GBpvr. Even a list viewer of some sort.
    I don't use GBpvr for DVD viewing i use 3 Sony carousel DVD players. It's inconvenient to go to the computer all the time, it's two floors away, to see what's where. It sure would be nice to just bring up the list of what's available to watch on DVD, and what slot it's been assigned to.

What about the WebViewer and a simple html page?

That's a thought, might work. It'll depend on what the MVP can handle as far as an HTML page keeping things at least sorted a to z, other wise I'll end up with just a jumble of movie titles with no rhyme nor reason.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to give it a go and see.

I have just done the exact same thing - spooky. I use Mediaman (www.imediaman.com) as a database, and it had the option to render a html report of the database, sorted by criteria.

Once done, I messed around with it in Frontpage to make fontsizes, formattting etc, readable over the MVP from 12' away.

However, I couldn't figure out how to get webviewer to pull the static html files off the pc, so I used Sauvant webserver to serve them from another machine inside my network.

I also produced rendered .png images of each collection that I can view and navigate in My Pictures with the remote.

Sweet!

However, my wife figured out an even easier low-tech solution - she printed the report off (D'oh!).

Seriously though, I have thought in the past that it would be nice if I could make manual entries into a plugin (My Videos) that included a location field as well as all the imdb.com bling...

Then I could browse the database, find a movie to watch and if it's on the htpc it shows 'play' etc, otherwise it shows the location (case 3 or whatever).

That would be cool.
    Celeron D 2.53GHz, 1024MB
    120GB, 160GB int, 80GB, 250GB ext, 40GB lan HDDs
    PVR-150 retail, 1 wired MVP, 1 wireless MVP, OFA URC-8910 Remote
    Look for me on XBox Live!

interesting, months ago i worked on a plugin which read the dvdprofiler database and showed it in gbpvr ;-) ..... maybe i'll start it again?
    ---------------------
    www.sitecomposer.de

I fooled around with the webserver plug and a HTML file i did in front page. It does work. i ended up exporting my existing database to an excel spreadsheet and then inserting that into a HTML page.

It's a bit clunky as webserver and the MVP aren't really good at what I'm trying to do here.

It could probably be dressed up some but i don't know if this approach will ever really do what i was hoping. I'm pretty sure it's beyond my limited ability. I was surprised i got as far as i did.

Anyway I'll keep my fingers crossed someone does a nice easy database viewer plugin or some such thing that the average person could operate, IE, my wife.