57 minutes ago
Hello,
I am experiencing recurring Live TV playback interruptions when using the NextPVR PVR client in Kodi.
My setup:
The problem:
Live TV playback works normally for approximately 30–60 minutes, then suddenly stops and Kodi returns to the channel guide.
The issue occurs with different IPTV sources, not just one channel. Playback through the NextPVR web player appears stable.
Tests already performed:
I tested different NextPVR Live TV buffer settings:
Buffer size Approximate playback duration
20 minutes 28–30 minutes
60 minutes 40 minutes
120 minutes 55–60 minutes
I also tested the Kodi NextPVR client's Real Time and Timeshift playback methods.
For the latest test:
Relevant log messages:
Kodi reports:
followed by:
and:
The NextPVR logs show messages including:
After the stream disconnects, Kodi attempts to reconnect using an HTTP byte-range request, but playback cannot recover.
My questions:
I have attached sanitized Kodi and NextPVR logs from the latest playback failure. Sensitive URLs, credentials, network addresses and identifiers have been redacted.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
I am experiencing recurring Live TV playback interruptions when using the NextPVR PVR client in Kodi.
My setup:
- NextPVR Server: 7.1.1.260616
- NextPVR running in Docker on a Synology NAS
- Kodi 21 with pvr.nextpvr 21.3.2.1
- IPTV channels configured in NextPVR
- Kodi and NextPVR are connected over the local network
The problem:
Live TV playback works normally for approximately 30–60 minutes, then suddenly stops and Kodi returns to the channel guide.
The issue occurs with different IPTV sources, not just one channel. Playback through the NextPVR web player appears stable.
Tests already performed:
I tested different NextPVR Live TV buffer settings:
Buffer size Approximate playback duration
20 minutes 28–30 minutes
60 minutes 40 minutes
120 minutes 55–60 minutes
I also tested the Kodi NextPVR client's Real Time and Timeshift playback methods.
For the latest test:
- Live TV method: Timeshift
- Direct Streams: Disabled
- NextPVR Live TV buffer: 120 minutes
- Kodi
:Code:advancedsettings.xml
Code:curllowspeedtime=60
Relevant log messages:
Kodi reports:
Code:
CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalledCode:
Reconnect, (re)try 1Code:
Failed: Requested range was not delivered by the server (33)Code:
stream@2 got zero bytes
client disconnected
Live stream expired without 15 second renewal.My questions:
- Is this a known issue with the Kodi NextPVR client or NextPVR's Live TV streaming?
- Could the HTTP range/reconnect behavior be responsible for the playback stopping?
- Is there a recommended fix or workaround?
I have attached sanitized Kodi and NextPVR logs from the latest playback failure. Sensitive URLs, credentials, network addresses and identifiers have been redacted.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!