My STB/Hauppauge HDPVR/NextPVR setup ran smooth as a cat's fur until this weekend when the MLB Division Series began. Throughout the baseball regular season, it worked so reliably that when it came time for the playoffs there was no thought of verifying the new recordings.
But when I looked this morning out of curiosity, I discovered that the weekend's playoff games had not recorded. The error message given in Web NPVR goes as follows:
[Failed: No errors, but no data delivered. This is usually because the device failed to lock a signal."]
When I try to tune a channel, the NPVR GUI displays either "please wait" (usually) or "Unable to find capture device" (once or twice).
Curiously, with the TV set to the TV's HDMI input for the STB, when I change channels via NPVR the new channel is displayed on the TV itself, but not on the laptop screen, where the NPVR GUI shows one of the above messages.
Hoping for a simple solution, I've taken the following steps:
Something seems to have happened somewhere along the device chain between October 1 (the date of the last successful recording) and October 3 (when the ALDS and NLDS started). I'm attaching the log file, in the hope that they will help someone knowledgeable about these things to pinpoint the cause of the problem.
Thank you in advance for any insights or suggestions.
But when I looked this morning out of curiosity, I discovered that the weekend's playoff games had not recorded. The error message given in Web NPVR goes as follows:
[Failed: No errors, but no data delivered. This is usually because the device failed to lock a signal."]
When I try to tune a channel, the NPVR GUI displays either "please wait" (usually) or "Unable to find capture device" (once or twice).
Curiously, with the TV set to the TV's HDMI input for the STB, when I change channels via NPVR the new channel is displayed on the TV itself, but not on the laptop screen, where the NPVR GUI shows one of the above messages.
Hoping for a simple solution, I've taken the following steps:
- Closing and relaunching NPVR.
- Power-cycling the PC.
- Power-cycling the HDPVR 2 1512.
- Power-cycling the STB to which the HDPVR is connected.
Something seems to have happened somewhere along the device chain between October 1 (the date of the last successful recording) and October 3 (when the ALDS and NLDS started). I'm attaching the log file, in the hope that they will help someone knowledgeable about these things to pinpoint the cause of the problem.
Thank you in advance for any insights or suggestions.