NextPVR Forums

Full Version: timestamp fix needed for Nova-T500?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having the random skip with MVP problem referred to elsewhere in this forum. My machine has a Hauppauge Nova T 500 dual (digital) tuner and I am wondering whether the PVR150 timestamp fix referred to is needed. I don't want to just do it since the fix included new drivers for the capture card which surely can't be the same between the PVR150 and the Nova-T 500. Can anyone enlighten me? Or is there some other reasons for the random skip behaviour? I am running 99.12. Will the new version help?
Quote:My machine has a Hauppauge Nova T 500 dual (digital) tuner and I am wondering whether the PVR150 timestamp fix referred to is needed.
No. In the PVR150 the timestamp is generated by the hardware encoder. With the digital devices like Nova-T, the timestamps are generated by mux filter.

You could try a different mux or version of the mux to see if you find one that works better in this respect.
I too have horrendous timestamp problems with a nova-t-500. It certainly won't be the pvr150 problem. But I don't know what it is. I have tried different multiplexors and no improvement (currently Cyberlink 5.0.1307). I'm getting a good strength indicated.

Symptoms include pressing "backward skip" take me forwards - up to 15 mintues forward!.

I think videoredo's quickstream fix fixed it, but this is no good for watching delayed TV that is still recording.

The technicalities of mpeg video are well beyond me, so I don't know how skipping works - but there must be different methods as things like VLC can move back and forth a file fairly accurately.
i get the step backward thing with my dvb-s tuner avermedia real weird when your trying to watch something i put it down to bad signal though
It would seem that you're experiencing the same issue as many people have when they transcode an AVI on the fly to be viewed on the MVP.

In that case the transcoder, either ffmpeg, mencoder, or vlc, doesn't create the correct or good pts in the MPG (I think that's it). I think of it as Control Track or sprockets (that shows you how old I am...) that is damaged or spaced incorrectly...

It would seem that your muxers are working like 'transcoding' too.

It seems that the reason a 150 etc can record well and view properly on an MVP, is the hardware encoder is creating the correct pts in the MPG.

I don't have a solution. Just threw out a suggestion that we're in the same boat, and if so, it might not be fixed soon...
Think I have got it working reasonably OK, following subs suggestion to try different muxers. Config gives me several muxer options one of which is 'intervideo' and this seems to work quite well. Skips back and forward perfectly OK whether or not program is still recording. Sometimes the audio goes out of sync with the video, but usually with another skip it gets back in sync. Worst case is I have to stop and restart and then skip straight to where I was before.

I tried to find some data on this 'intervideo' (ie where it came from, its version, file name etc) but sub's mux checker doesn't show it, and I can't see it either in gspot or directshow filter manager. It must be there I suppose, but disguised in some way. Over the years I have installed a lot of stuff and I have no idea where this one came from. Can someone point me to where I can find the file name easily so I can post some more useful data
Quote:I tried to find some data on this 'intervideo' (ie where it came from, its version, file name etc) but sub's mux checker doesn't show it
If muxchecker doesnt show, then GB-PVR isnt using it. It'll just be falling back to using one of the other muxes (probably the cyberlink one). You can check which mux is used by looking at the filter list in GBPVRRecordingService.exe-native.log.
stustunz Wrote:i get the step backward thing with my dvb-s tuner avermedia real weird when your trying to watch something i put it down to bad signal though

Interesting. i gett he same problem with the avermedia as well. It seems the skipping backwards and forwards have a mind of their own...
Very odd. I looked at the logs for the filters, after I tried each one that appears in GBPVR config. Couldn't see any substantial difference (some PID numbers changed only) and the most of the non cyberlink ones said -'cant'find xxxxx....' going to cyberlink'

What is odd is that there seemed to be a performance improvement between the Intervideo and the Cyberlink, even though the log says clearly that gbpvr defaulted to the Cyberlink one. Maybe an optical illusion or some more sinister meeting
StevHodge Wrote:What is odd is that there seemed to be a performance improvement between the Intervideo and the Cyberlink, even though the log says clearly that gbpvr defaulted to the Cyberlink one.
I'm sure its the placebo effect...
Pages: 1 2