NextPVR Forums

Full Version: audio out of sync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Occasionally I've been having an issue where the audio and video become out of sync on my burned disc's. Does anyone else ever get this? I use the commercial trim option and when it happens it seems to occur right after a commercial edit.

Any idea's why this happens sometimes and/or how to avoid it? I thought maybe it had something to do with me using the computer while the mpg was being processed... but it still has happened even when I'm careful not to anything till its complete.

Thanks
So the desync starts after a commercial break and then slowly resyncs?

Assuming you're using the stattik_transcode script, you can set the following value:
SET hr-edl-seek=yes

Setting it to yes will make the transcode take a little longer but it should address the sync issue.
-stattik- Wrote:So the desync starts after a commercial break and then slowly resyncs?

Assuming you're using the stattik_transcode script, you can set the following value:
SET hr-edl-seek=yes

Setting it to yes will make the transcode take a little longer but it should address the sync issue.

A couple of options here.
Skiptool uses stattik's scripts and burndvdx2 uses it's own command line.
You might try cutting the file using stattik's scripts and skiptool, and then run it through burndvdx2.

#2 Possibly stattik can shed some light on this problem. This is the command line that is used in burndvdx2 with mencoder to do the cuts.

start /low /b /wait "mencoder" "..\mplayer\mencoder" -ss %2 -endpos %3 -of mpeg -ovc copy -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf -oac copy "%~1" -edl %4 -o test.mpg

%1 is the filename
where %2 is the start pos
%3 is the endposition
%4 is the edl file name.

Would changing the -ovc copy and -oac copy to do the encode instead of the copy help?
-stattik- Wrote:So the desync starts after a commercial break and then slowly resyncs?
Yes and no. It becomes out of sync after a commercial break but it then stays that way until the end of the program. It never resyncs.

And this doesn't happen with everything I burn only sometimes. It happened on my previous 2 burns but not on the few before that.

Are there any logs I should post when this occurs again that could shed some light on this?
bigC Wrote:Yes and no. It becomes out of sync after a commercial break but it then stays that way until the end of the program. It never resyncs.

And this doesn't happen with everything I burn only sometimes. It happened on my previous 2 burns but not on the few before that.

Are there any logs I should post when this occurs again that could shed some light on this?

It's likely a problem with the codec doing a copy which is much faster. I was hoping stattik would weigh in with his opinion though.
pastro Wrote:Would changing the -ovc copy and -oac copy to do the encode instead of the copy help?

I'm not sure what you mean by that but the example you referred to seemed legit although I've never tried it with -ss and -endpos arguments.
bigC Wrote:Yes and no. It becomes out of sync after a commercial break but it then stays that way until the end of the program. It never resyncs.

If you can modify the command line of burndvdx2, you may want to add -hr-edl-seek to the mencoder command line to see if that cleans up the sync issues.
-stattik- Wrote:If you can modify the command line of burndvdx2, you may want to add -hr-edl-seek to the mencoder command line to see if that cleans up the sync issues.

Thanks stattik. Hopefully bigC can test it out.

bigC. Go to gbpvr\Third Party\burndvd. One of these scripts are being used.

ADDDVDNTSCmencoder.cmd No subtitiles and 4:3
ADDDVDNTSCsubmencoder.cmd Subtitles and 4:3
ADDDVDNTSC169mencoder.cmd No subs and 16:9
ADDDVDNTSCsub169mencoder.cmd No subs and 16:9

Edit the appropriate file for your situation and add the -hr-edl-seek to the mencoder command line in the script after say the -endpos %3 option. Post what happens.
Like this?
Code:
start /low /b /wait  "mencoder" "..\mplayer\mencoder"  -ss %2 -endpos %3 -hr-edl-seek -of mpeg -ovc copy  -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf -oac copy   "%~1" -edl %4 -o test.mpg
dvdauthor -o "%dvdtemp%" -t -c %chapters% -i post="call vmgm menu;" -v ntsc+4:3+720xfull -f test.mpg
del test.mpg
I'll let you know how it goes next burn. It might not be till the end of the week though...
bigC Wrote:Like this?
Code:
start /low /b /wait  "mencoder" "..\mplayer\mencoder"  -ss %2 -endpos %3 -hr-edl-seek -of mpeg -ovc copy  -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf -oac copy   "%~1" -edl %4 -o test.mpg
dvdauthor -o "%dvdtemp%" -t -c %chapters% -i post="call vmgm menu;" -v ntsc+4:3+720xfull -f test.mpg
del test.mpg
I'll let you know how it goes next burn. It might not be till the end of the week though...

That's look right to me. I'm not sure if -hr-edl-seek works well with -ovc copy but let me know what happens. Also you might try testing your dvd from what is created in the C:\temp\BurnDVD\VIDEO_TS dir with vlc to make sure that has the audio problem too and it isn't something in the burn.
Pages: 1 2