NextPVR Forums

Full Version: problems with dvd burning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
nils Wrote:its a pvr-150. I'm not sure what you mean by run stattik's scripts. just transcode the file with skiptool?

i'll try the tests you suggest when i get home from work this evening.

Stattik scripts called from skiptool should do the same thing, but he does set up a limited number of options for skiptool calling, versus running directly from his setup. For edl cut I wouldn't think there would be anything different, but if this shows the same issue it might help engage stattik to take a look what is going on and he is much more adept at mencoder than me.
For sure try removing the -ss and -endpos options.
ok, i ran it after removing -ss %2 -endpos %3 from the command line. same result with an hour missing.
then i ran it after adding -hr-edl-seek.
first it wouldn't even run. then i rebooted. it ran but the test.log file got over 12GB and filled up my harddrive. the test.mpg file was 0bytes. so i killed the program.
how do i run statikk scripts from his setup? is there something to download? sorry for my ignorance about this.
Goto the wiki page on it. I think all the info is there to tell you how to run.
You might try removing the log command and the -ss and -endpos and try with the hr-edl-seek so that we can report the finding to the mailing list that it doesn't work either.

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utili...anscodeCut
nils... keep up the good work man.

This seems like for some of us to be a real bug.

I'd try to help, but lost my main video drive... I'm down for the count... for now.

But I'm cheering you on.

I'd love to send pastro an mpeg and edl/txt so he could see what we're seeing.

I have a pvr-150 also... could be part of the problem.

There was also a fix where you re-run the video through something to retime it... and I can't remember my results... I got interrupted so I don't know if I finished testing.

Sorry.
mkenyon2 Wrote:nils... keep up the good work man.

This seems like for some of us to be a real bug.

I'd try to help, but lost my main video drive... I'm down for the count... for now.

But I'm cheering you on.

I'd love to send pastro an mpeg and edl/txt so he could see what we're seeing.

I have a pvr-150 also... could be part of the problem.

There was also a fix where you re-run the video through something to retime it... and I can't remember my results... I got interrupted so I don't know if I finished testing.

Sorry.

If either of you can send a video, that would be great. Split it on two dvd's? Have you guys loaded the timestamp registry fix?
no i was unaware of that issue. i found the wiki page on it. will try it out - but guess that won't help my old files.
upon reading on the timestamp problems - i don't have those symptoms so i think its not the problem.
i will try to run statikk scripts on it - just haven't had the time yet.
nils Wrote:upon reading on the timestamp problems - i don't have those symptoms so i think its not the problem.
i will try to run statikk scripts on it - just haven't had the time yet.

Ok sounds good. Let me know.
The timestamp issue can be subtle or severe. My 150 has had this problem and the registry fix did cure it.
The latest from the mencoder support list is that the -ovc copy is not recommended. Ugh - changing that will add tons of time to the re-encode.
Did you ever run stattik's scripts on your file to see if that made a difference?
Also you might run comskip on the file with verbose=10. That should dump out any timeline errors.
i haven't looked at this in a couple weeks. I applied the timestamp fix, and ran retime on the movie file i've been working on. didn't seem to change anything. i first tried just using burndvdx2 with default options and got the same result.

i then tried to run stattik's scripts but with no luck. i think i made all the settings as you suggested, but the script just kept closing on me and i couldn't figure out why. i'm afraid its all a bit over my head.
Pages: 1 2 3 4