NextPVR Forums

Full Version: problems with dvd burning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
nils Wrote:i haven't looked at this in a couple weeks. I applied the timestamp fix, and ran retime on the movie file i've been working on. didn't seem to change anything. i first tried just using burndvdx2 with default options and got the same result.

i then tried to run stattik's scripts but with no luck. i think i made all the settings as you suggested, but the script just kept closing on me and i couldn't figure out why. i'm afraid its all a bit over my head.

The timestamp fix will not correct an existing file. Only works on a new recording. There is some setup in stattik's scripts to set the paths to mencoder and a few other things to get it to work. Did you edit the script?
It's fairly easy to setup you just have to edit the file in notepad and put the correct paths in.
None of my files exhibit this behavior so I'm sort of stuck until someone wants to send an mpg with a problem.
Possible solution (but it is likely pretty obvious to others)

I had a similar problem and I too have nero selected as my burner. However, the program continues to use imgburn, which isn"t a big problem. When I found the missing 5 minutes, I checked the settings on imgburn and it was set to comparing the space requirements with the filesystem rather than with the dvd. I haven"t had time to test it out with a new burn project yet but I am hopeful that my problem related to the wrong setting in imgburn. However, I still am curious as to why two one hour shows would not fit on 1 standard DVD. Does the menu and opening picture take up a lot of space on the DVD?
kayak4ever Wrote:Possible solution (but it is likely pretty obvious to others)

I had a similar problem and I too have nero selected as my burner. However, the program continues to use imgburn, which isn"t a big problem. When I found the missing 5 minutes, I checked the settings on imgburn and it was set to comparing the space requirements with the filesystem rather than with the dvd. I haven"t had time to test it out with a new burn project yet but I am hopeful that my problem related to the wrong setting in imgburn. However, I still am curious as to why two one hour shows would not fit on 1 standard DVD. Does the menu and opening picture take up a lot of space on the DVD?

It will use imgburn if it doesn't see nerocmd in the specified location.

You can look how big all the menu stuff is by looking at the temp dir where the DVD is built. It's not that much though.
Depending on the record settings, a one hour show can be almost 2gig. The disk hold 4.7
Pages: 1 2 3 4