NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Beta: UltraXMLTV Post-Process Renamer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm branching off talk about the Post-Processer (aka ReNamer) to avoid confusion.
This is another tool that is being tweaked and tested fast and furious. I hope you all can keep up...

Current program instructions:

Currently, Ultra Post will do these things:

Comskip (either Parallel or PostProcess)
ReTime (using VideoRedo)
Rename (using code from Ultra Enhancer - including its cache)

When you open the program for the first time...

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

If you want to manually process a file, you can browse to it.

Be sure that it is a file that is actually on your PVR (where GB-PVR resides) and that the file is in the database (it's not just something you downloaded...)

Click Do It and it does it...

Config
Here, you choose Comskip (para or post), ReTime, and Rename. (If you don't have VideoReDo, don't click Retime, please YESSS you will get an error)

Comskip will commerical detect either MPG or TS files

ReTime will retime only MPG files.

Rename will rename either type recorded files, and update database pointers. It will also create a xml text file (though that's giving me grief - it won't hurt you though)

Zehd's Picks
Unless you have VideoRedo and have need for retiming, I suggest clicking Comskip in Post and Rename.

In the PostProcessing.bat there should be one line:

Code:
"C:\EPG\UltraXMLTV\UltraXMLTV_post.exe" %1 %2

You'll notice the quotes around the program string, but NOT the arguments...

Also, to test, you can find a suitable MBP/TS file and right clikc on it and Open With, select Ultra XMLTV Post.... From then on you can call your files one at a time and re-process them...
The program has auto Queuing. Which means if it finds another instance of Ultra Post running, it places itself Next In Line. I've seen this queue work for 4 different instances. 1 working, three parked...

If you ever crash/force close the program, then the instance placeholder in line is still there, and other instances will be waiting for it to clear...

Currently, a slightly sloppy way to clear the queue.. Restore one of the waiting instances, click the queue tab, and then edit the...

It's a text file, and the number at the top is supposed to be the currently RUNNING (not next in line waiting) instance. You may or may not know whether its right or not. But you won't hurt anything if you start deleting the placeholders. Remove the first/top line and then save (you don't have to close notepad, just save the change... And if that was what was blocking things, then one of the other instances should take off right there and then.

I would do it one by one, that way. Or you can just kill all instances, and delete the q file and then start all over again...
I get the following in the log:
3/27/2009 10:06:59 PM :> Comskip starting...
3/27/2009 10:07:05 PM :> Comskip finished.
3/27/2009 10:07:05 PM :> Rename starting...
3/27/2009 10:07:05 PM :> Renaming to: T:\Recordings\Lost\Lost-S05E09.-.Namaste.ts
3/27/2009 10:07:05 PM :> Error renaming files
3/27/2009 10:07:05 PM :> Rename finished.
leaded1 Wrote:I get the following in the log:
3/27/2009 10:06:59 PM :> Comskip starting...
3/27/2009 10:07:05 PM :> Comskip finished.
3/27/2009 10:07:05 PM :> Rename starting...
3/27/2009 10:07:05 PM :> Renaming to: T:\Recordings\Lost\Lost-S05E09.-.Namaste.ts
3/27/2009 10:07:05 PM :> Error renaming files
3/27/2009 10:07:05 PM :> Rename finished.

The logging is still sloppy, but I added the error, in spite of the 'rename finished' entry.. I didn't try fixing anything, just wanted to be sure the program is having trouble.

I can't tell what is going on. And the coding is so simple, it's not likely to be much other than a file lock...

I'm uploading a new version. delete the Post log and try renaming the same file. Then send the log.
Not much to go on that i can see.
I've confirmed that post isn't working right when called in the PostProcessing.bat.

I will need a couple of days to track it down
I thought I would give this a quick try.
I selected teh file to manually process. I went to the config tab and unselected everything except for rename. And click do it.

Unfortunately it failed.

The log file did not provide much in the way of indicating why it failed. Is there some configuration I'm missing?

Here are the log file entries:
29/03/2009 12:33:13 PM :> App_GetSettings: Value Name: ReTime= 0, DefaultValue: 1 Optional Subkey:
29/03/2009 12:33:14 PM :> App_GetSettings: Value Name: Comkip_Post= 0, DefaultValue: 1 Optional Subkey:
29/03/2009 12:33:14 PM :> App_GetSettings: Value Name: Comkip_Parallel= 0, DefaultValue: 0 Optional Subkey:
29/03/2009 12:33:14 PM :> App_GetSettings: Value Name: HideConsoles= 0, DefaultValue: 0 Optional Subkey:
29/03/2009 12:33:14 PM :> App_GetSettings: Value Name: UseBeeps= 1, DefaultValue: 1 Optional Subkey:
29/03/2009 12:33:33 PM :> Failed. Aborted
I'm sorry that I released sooner than I should have. Because this is desggined to catch shows and process/rename them as programs are recorded, it's gonna take some time to find the problem and fix them

I have had grand success with it, and for some reason it stopped working, so I need more time
Release:
* Enhancer: 2.0.3376.36512

I've trapped the 'non-existence' of that file in the Enhancer

I've also found the reason that Post wasn't renaming the files

I have a heap more logging now (much more than necessary...)

Basically there was a try/catch on the rename and if there was any problem at all, it would undo changes. Well my new fangled metadata xml read/write caused a problem. I've remmed it out, and I'll work on that some other time...
Pages: 1 2 3