NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVB Radio v1.6 uploaded to wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is pretty much just a bugfix release and attempt to get my development version in line with a public release.

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/DVB-TRadio

This release now uses a batch installer and the wiki page is (at least slightly) less verbose.

NOTE: Due to the name change, this version will install alongside (and co-exist with) previous versions. I'll post instructions and/or an uninstaller to remove previous versions ASAP.

Changes...
Quote:2009–04–11 : v1.6.3388.35745
  • Project renamed “DVB Radio” and now installs into a new plugin folder (plugins\DvbRadio).
  • x64 operating systems now supported.
  • Now warns if the DVB Radio service is not running.
  • Changed power event handling to (hopefully) stop the service from preventing hibernate (not fully tested).
  • Updated various channel logos
  • Various bugfixes

Cheers,
Brian
Hi Brian

The new version installation process is very quick and a big improvement over the previous manual install.

When I try to access the new version from prx2 I get an error see attached bitmap and logs .

The old version continues to work ok so perhaps there is a conflict between them.

Regards

Maurice
Hi Maurice,

It seems like only yesterday since we last spoke...Big Grin

There's no problem with the two versions co-existing. They're completely separate plugins and the only common components are the channel logo bitmaps.

I can't see much from that screenshot - could you reproduce the error then zip and attach the pvrx2.exe.log file.

I can see it's the needsRendering() method which is throwing the error. This is the bit which draws/refreshes the plugin UI and would normally be caused by missing skin files or similar.

Which skin are you using? Could you check that the skin2\your skin\DvbRadio folder exists and that it contains 3 xml files and a jpg file?

Cheers,
Brian
Error message attached

I was using slick, changing to blue did not help.

The skin directories contain 3 xml and one jpeg.

Log files attached.

Thanks
Strange how seemingly unrelated things can have a knock on effect.

There's an earlier error in the pvrx2.exe.log which basically says the DvbRadio.xml file is corrupt. Have you edited it?

Try the attached - it's a vanilla copy from a fresh install I've just done.
This worked first time.

I did not try to edit file, would not know how to !!!.

Thanks again for your help.

Can you recommend a mp3 editor that is easy to use for head and tailing plays etc that my wife wants to record from radio 4.

Thanks

Maurice.
Quote:I did not try to edit file, would not know how to !!!.
Strange - I wonder what went wrong. I'll pull a copy of the installer from the wiki just to check but it should be the same as my copy.

Quote:Thanks again for your help.
No problem - it helped pin-point a potential pitfall. I'll tweak the code to reset the xml file if it thinks it's corrupt.

Quote:Can you recommend a mp3 editor that is easy to use for head and tailing plays etc that my wife wants to record from radio 4.
Not something I've done much of. I've only ever imported into Audacity for editing - bit of an overkill as it's actually a multi-track recording package (I'm a muso so just happen to have a copy).

Cheers,
Brian
Thanks again

Maurice
I had the same problem - needed the xml file from above before it would work.
gEd Wrote:I had the same problem - needed the xml file from above before it would work.
That's really strange.

As I said in that post, it is actually a copy from a fresh install, i.e., I uninstalled completely, downloaded the same DvbRadio-Installer.zip from the wiki and did the install. I then checked everything was OK and re-zipped the xml file and posted above.

I'm not sure how that file (and only that one) got corrupted for you and Maurice. :confused:

Do you have a 3rd-party ZIP utility installed on your system?

Cheers,
Brian
Pages: 1 2 3 4