NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No channels for me in New Zealand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi.

I've been waiting patiently for the VISTA x64 version to be released, so I can try DVB-T radio. I installed v1.6 last night; installed the LAME 3.98.2 DirectShow Filter; set <AudioDecoderName>MONOGRAM AAC Decoder</AudioDecoderName>.

When I start the plugin it asks to scan for channels, thinks about things, but doesn't appear to find any. I have a Hauppauge Nova-T 500 dual DVB-T card. I have attached a clean set of logs and my XML file. Only thing "unusual" in my setup is I am using the TS Mux option in GB-PVR. I'm in Christchurch, New Zealand, and using VISTA Home Premium x64.

Cheers, Simon.
I'll have to look into this - I've seen this before with someone else but never resolved the issue.

From your log (with bold red text added by me)...
Quote:14/04/2009 06:45:19.330 Enumerating BDASourceFiltersCategory...
14/04/2009 06:45:19.333 dev.Name: Nova-DT DVB-T Tuner (Dev1 Path0) <== There is a 'space' at the end here
14/04/2009 06:45:19.333 dev.Name: Nova-DT DVB-T Tuner (Dev1 Path1) <== Same here
14/04/2009 06:45:19.333 Tuner not found
For some reason the Hauppauge driver author really did name the drivers with a space at the end and my code doesn't like it. :confused:

I'll get back to you.

Cheers,
Brian
This won't have fixed the problem but I've added some logging to show what names I'm looking for so hopefully will explain why they're not matching.

Sorry - back to old school zip files until I build an installer for patches...

1. Close pvrx2 and stop the dvbr service by running StopDvbRadioService.bat (from the plugins\DvbRadio folder).

2. Copy the files in the attached zip into the plugins\DvbRadio plugin folder

3. ALSO copy the DvbrLib.dll and DvbrLib.pdb into the plugins\Common folder.

4. Run StartDvbRadioService.bat, start pvrx2 and try again then post logs please.

Cheers,
Brian
Hi Brian.

Done. New logs attached. Thanks for looking into this so quickly Big Grin

Cheers, Simon.
StumpyB Wrote:Done. New logs attached. Thanks for looking into this so quickly Big Grin
Hi Simon,

No problem - it will be nice to get it sorted.

I think I've found it (the name I'm looking for has quotes around it). Could you try the attached please. Same drill as above for extracting the files remembering the dvbrlib.dll and pdb also need to go in plugins\Common.

Cheers,
Brian
Hi Brian.

Still scanning and not finding anything from the GUI. I had a look at the logs, and they are different from before. Over to you.

Cheers, Simon.
Hi Simon,

The good news is it's finding the tuner and receiver filters correctly now. From your log, however...

Quote:16/04/2009 05:50:40.352 Locked: True Present: False Strength: 56 Quality: 10
16/04/2009 05:50:40.352 DSMH: Signal not locked. Skipping...
Hmmm, the criteria I use to see if a signal is locked is that both 'Locked' and 'Present' must be true.

It's possible that your cap. card doesn't return this value (or always returns 'false'). Not sure.

Could you try the attached (which ignores the 'Present' statistic).

Cheers,
Brian
Hi Brian.

Getting an Exception thrown now.

Cheers, Simon.
StumpyB Wrote:Getting an Exception thrown now.
Hmmm - I'm pretty certain this is nothing to do with me.

The exception being thrown is "A device attached to the system is not functioning." and is happening when the DirectShow graph is first run even before I check for signal statistics (the bit of code I changed).

Perhaps some bizarre coincidence that the tuner has locked up for some reason? Could you try a reboot and then another scan?

Cheers,
Brian
Hi Brian.

I tried again after a cold reboot. It now pulls in the 3 radio stations available here, but won't play them. A clean log of trying to play a station after a cold boot is attached.

Perhaps this is an issue with AAC ? My system uses the MONOGRAM AAC Decoder successfully when watching live TV in GB-PVR, so I know I have the codec installed correctly.

I will install the latest drivers in the week-end and try again. Currently I am just using the ones that VISTA installed by default.

Cheers, Simon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4