NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Website copier for offline edit & browsing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dear all,

this actually refers to thread below:

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=45146

but just sometimes easier to start a new thread for clarification.

Before I started any tweaking of 'real pages' is easier to do locally, then comments may be had etc before committing and messing anything up.

I had this:

http://www.httrack.com/

recommended to me on a job some months ago but never needed it. For what I'm trying to do now I think it would be useful. But I can't seem to get it to grab anything except the one page I refer to then everything defaults to Web URL. Is it cos Wiki thinks I'm a bot?

Is there a way anyone knows that I can just have these bits of the Wiki on my local drive?

My intent:

To grab the Homepage and Manual sections of the Wiki to edit them locally then show these to all of you for comments/tweaking.

Anyone know of a prog that will do this or familiar with HTTracker and what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers and festive greetings!

Steeb
It's downloading for me now. It seems to do a lot more than your attempt.
Did you enter a value in the depth-field?

Hans
it should work ok, check the 'limits' section of options...shoudl be able to adjust there to get all of what you want..
i used that program years ago..works well...

tho i'd check the pages you get, they might not have the wiki formatting you expect..
Yep, worked fine for me. Let it run for ~10 mins, it downloaded ~50 MB of gbpvr-wiki. My guess is the "depth value".
Good luck.

Hans
Thanks chaps and seasons greetings!

Could anyone zip up a set of these for local use rather than me working it out?

Not expecting exact formatting and I guess at 50Mb + via 'you send it' or some such.

Could have worked it out for myself and will still if no takers but have had some issues with my in-laws this christmas and have been delayed on what i'M trying to do.......

Cheers
Quote:Did you enter a value in the depth-field?

@Htv

No Hans never got that far!

Quote:tho i'd check the pages you get, they might not have the wiki formatting you expect..

@pBS

I know it may not look right and, just 'cos I'm tired with new program didn't alter limit settings or nothing. Blimey think we're all tired

Cheers

all

Steeb
I'll see what I can do. I tried again a few minutes ago, now I get an "error".
Something about anti-robot rules.:eek:
Don't know why it went through the first time.

cya Hans
@ hans

Ya I got some anti robot stuff, guess I should have grabbed it all 1st time around!

Suspect Wiki has singled me/us out as robo spiders?

We're not!

Steeb
I tried withe setting: "ignore robots.txt" (translation is mine) but that didn't help.
Maybe you should ask Sub or Blader_se for help.

Hans
Quote:Maybe you should ask Sub or Blader_se for help.

Ya maybe but not sure how either Sub or Blader feel about this currently, hence reason to have a 'mock up' before committing!

I've had a right interesting Christmas break with Father in Law having a seisure and ambulance being called, wife not talking to me..... etc

And now I'm having to nick neighbours Wireless to get online!

Just wanted to escape into GBPVR World Big Grin

So if anyone reading this thread before you try it, can you grab what I need as a test!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steeb
Pages: 1 2 3