NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NEWA Auto-Search Command Line Interface (CLI)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
johnsonx42 Wrote:so then if SearchLite is installed, then there will be no need to run the auto-search cli command separately?

That's always my goal, a 10 ft interface.

Martin
martint123 Wrote:Myself, I would lke a CLI to do as it is told "now". Let windows GUI's make decisions for users, but a CLI to do as it is told.
Possibly a parameter could be used to alter its operation i.e. /f for forcing a a scan/update and blank to let the CLI decide.

Martin
I'd agree with Martin on this one. I still prefer the CLI approach. I've got two identical headless PVR servers which can each see the other's Recordings dir - depending on which server the NMT/MVPs attach to, it's quite possible that one of the servers might not start NPVR/pvrx2 for weeks at a time. CLI with a switch would let me get the autorecord closer to the EPG load.

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:I'd agree with Martin on this one. I still prefer the CLI approach. I've got two identical headless PVR servers which can each see the other's Recordings dir - depending on which server the NMT/MVPs attach to, it's quite possible that one of the servers might not start NPVR/pvrx2 for weeks at a time. CLI with a switch would let me get the autorecord closer to the EPG load.

Alex

You won't have to be there to run SearchLite, since NextPVR.exe runs to update the guide. I'm hoping to get a notify from sub when the EPG is finished so I can in turn signal NEWA to run the auto-record.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:You won't have to be there to run SearchLite, since NextPVR.exe runs to update the guide. I'm hoping to get a notify from sub when the EPG is finished so I can in turn signal NEWA to run the auto-record.

Martin
Yep, that would certainly have the advantage of keeping it all inside NPVR... obviously, I'd be happy to help with testing...

Alex
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Post any results/issues you find in this thread....

Thanks.
I just realised that I hadn't reported back yet. The CLI is working fine for me - senility strikes again...:o
actcms Wrote:i just realised that i hadn't reported back yet. The cli is working fine for me - senility strikes again...:o

lol :d
Hi UJB, recently discovered this thanks to ACTCMS from this post but unfortunately for me it doesn't work when I run it.

I put it in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts with PostUpdateEPG.bat calling NEWA_AutoSearch.exe, but even when I just double click it, it gives me the error attached?

k.

*********** UPDATE ***********
RTFM... "Simply place the programme below in your GBPVR directory and schedule as you like " (Presumably now the NPVR Dir)

I put it in C:\Program Files\NPVR\ instead and changed the path in PostUpdateEPG.bat to C:\Program Files\NPVR\NEWA_AutoSearch.exe ... now seems to work!!
jksmurf Wrote:Hi UJB, recently discovered this thanks to ACTCMS from this post but unfortunately for me it doesn't work when I run it.

I put it in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts with PostUpdateEPG.bat calling NEWA_AutoSearch.exe, but even when I just double click it, it gives me the error attached?

k.

*********** UPDATE ***********
RTFM... "Simply place the programme below in your GBPVR directory and schedule as you like " (Presumably now the NPVR Dir)

I put it in C:\Program Files\NPVR\ instead and changed the path in PostUpdateEPG.bat to C:\Program Files\NPVR\NEWA_AutoSearch.exe ... now seems to work!!

Great....thanks for following up.
I placed NEWA_AutoSearch.exe and .pdb files in C:\Program Files\NPVR. I then started NEWA in my browser and created a couple of saved searches both set to auto-record.

If I run NEWA_AutoSearch.exe from a command line it seems to do something (it takes about 1-2 seconds to return to the command prompt) but when I check NextPVR, nothing has been scheduled to record. I can confirm from NEWA, however, both saved searches return results.

Do I have to specify a channel (or channels)? I'm not currently doing so.
You'll probably need to leave it overnight Brian - AFAIR autosearch/record will only run once per day and since you've already started NEWA today, the OPD switch will have been triggered. There should be something in your npvr.logs.

Alex
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5