NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Translations for nPVR and GBPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have all GBPVR translations in an Excel sheet.
Now I have imported the translations into the Hello World Web Projects, Language function.
I can generate language files for nPVR and GBPVR in 50 languages.
Online editing of translations is implemented, but I will use Excel to update database table for some time.

I have plans to make a download function for nPVR that will download all language files.

Anyone interested to test nPVR translations?
Download translations: http://startop.homeftp.net/mcs/download/...guages.rar
MixMan thanks for your efforts, I hope you find some supporter. I'd help with the Canadian English translation, but I know if I can use this guide http://www.guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/new-zillund.jpg

Martin
On a more serious note: I'm interested in testing with the portuguese translation.
Thanks Sykor, sounds good.

I have made a zip/rar file with some translations generated in the Hello World translation system.
There is a bat file that will download latest translations from Hello World site. I will generate Portuguese language file, so it can be downloaded.

Posted the download link i the first post in this thread.

Please post or PM new strings and I will add them to the Excel sheet and update the database. There are som PHP scripts needed to be made before you can translate online. I'm not that good PHP programmer, so it might take som time until I can make a script that uses Google API to translate when nnew strings are added.
Good news!

I solved the insertion of new strings into the database with Google translate API.
I will be able to update all 55 languages at the same time when a new string is added.
If a translation isn't correct a translator will be able to modify a string in their language afterwards and the generate a language file, that can be downloaded to all clients.

Have a look at the first version of the function
http://startop.homeftp.net/mcs/test/translate/index.php
Since MixMan's inbox is full and pm's keep bouncing, I post my issue here.

Anyway, last weekend I made a quick-and-dirty translation for Hungarian with the file provided (further work needs testing, since Hungarian has quite some differences). But to my greatest disappointment, only a fragment of strings get translated, most of them are ignored.

It's no different with existing (e.g. German, French) translation.

While translations stalling, something must have changed in NPVR, so I seriously need some guidance.
fuchstractor Wrote:Since MixMan's inbox is full and pm's keep bouncing, I post my issue here.

Anyway, last weekend I made a quick-and-dirty translation for Hungarian with the file provided (further work needs testing, since Hungarian has quite some differences). But to my greatest disappointment, only a fragment of strings get translated, most of them are ignored.

It's no different with existing (e.g. German, French) translation.

While translations stalling, something must have changed in NPVR, so I seriously need some guidance.
You've probably got the source strings slightly wrong. If you set <LogTranslations> to true in the config.xml, then run though the screens you want to translate, it'll create a c:\users\public\npvr\languages\translations.txt containing the strings it's looking.
Yay, this works, thank you Smile
However, can't I get all the used strings somehow in one blow, rather than looking for 'hiding' screens and options? (Besides, translations.txt includes each and every strings NPVR puts onto the screen. Some of them are useless, like channel names, dates and times, program descriptions in my own language, etc)
fuchstractor Wrote:However, can't I get all the used strings somehow in one blow, rather than looking for 'hiding' screens and options?
Sorry no. That isnt possible. There is nowhere in the application that knows all the possible strings that might be displayed at some later stage. It only knows the strings that have been displayed.

Quote:(Besides, translations.txt includes each and every strings NPVR puts onto the screen. Some of them are useless, like channel names, dates and times, program descriptions in my own language, etc)
Yep, just ignore these strings you dont need translated.
I see.

How about the right click menu (when watching media) and the Settings dialog, is it possible to translate them?

And what about changing values, like pre and post padding, showing "1 minute" and "x minutes". There are strings in MixMan's TL file, but those don't work any more the way they are. (plain "minute" and "minutes" strings). I took a wild guess and tried "% minute" and "% minutes", but as expected they didn't work out. What is the reference for variables?
Pages: 1 2