NextPVR Forums

Full Version: WebRadio 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have uploaded a new version of WebRadio to the NPVR wiki with the following changes.

- Updates for Shoutcast API 2.0
- Direct support for radiofeeds.co.uk
- Increased player buffer to 160k
- Skinnable tray icon for WebRadio with Now Playing info. Remove WebRadio.ico from Default and active skin to disable this.
- Tweaks to Now Playing.

Martin
Martin,

waiting for the chance to try it out! And hopefully steeb will also find some time to have another go at updating the current new wiki page for this as well Big Grin
Hi,

Thanks for the plugin - I've finally upgraded to Win7 and NPVR, so am gradually replicating GBPVR functionality and web radio is a big part of that.
Unfortunately I'm obviously making a simple mistake somewhere, as I can't seem to get it working fully.
I could get the shoutcast stations to work, but not the other ones, so realised that the external programs are required rather than optional Smile.
I installed VLC and smplayer and altered WebRadio.xml to reflect their locations:
Code:
<IconDirectory>C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\RadioLogos\</IconDirectory>
<vlc />
<player />
<player>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</player>
<mplayer>C:\Program Files\smplayer\smplayer.exe</mplayer>
<!--player>C:\Program Files\winamp\winamp.exe</player-->

But if I go into (for instance) BBC2 via Mike's Radio World, I just get the error that the process couldn't be started because a file name wasn't provided, although I see from the NPVR logs that the correct url was provided (http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r2.asx) and if that url is entered directly into vlc it plays correctly.

I assume there is some obvious setting I have mucked up in either VLC or WebRadio as it looks like the problem lies in the communication between the two. I can't spot where though, so thought I should go to the source before going around in more circles. (I can provide logs if you think that will be helpful.)

thanks,

tieke
Are you running 64 bit? If so you should use this format that should be in WebRadio.xml, assuming that is where you have VLC loaded.

<player>C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</player>

Martin
Thanks for that, but am running 32-bit, so the path should be correct. Does the webradio.xml file look correct otherwise?

cheers,
tieke
tieke Wrote:Thanks for that, but am running 32-bit, so the path should be correct. Does the webradio.xml file look correct otherwise?

cheers,
tieke

No, actually not, you have duplicate entries for vlc and player and the first ones are empty

<vlc />
<player />

Martin
Thanks - I just replaced the existing examples and uncommented them: I wasn't sure about the entries above them, so thought it might be something silly I was doing in the xml rather than a VLC setting. Removing the duplicate entries gave me a whole different error message, so I'm definitely getting closer Smile (Error is now "Delegate to an instance method cannot have null "this")

Would you be able to give me a correct example of that section? (I have tried putting the vlc location after a <vlc> tag and a <player> tag, but I don't think I formatted it correctly.)

thanks,
tieke
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<settings>
  <PluginSettings>
    <WebRadio>
      <StationFile>C:\Progs\NPVR\Plugins\WebRadio\RadioStations.xml</StationFile>
      <MyRadioStations>C:\Progs\NPVR\Plugins\WebRadio\MyRadioStations.xml</MyRadioStations>
      <IconDirectory>C:\Progs\NPVR\Media\RadioLogos\</IconDirectory>
      <vlc>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</vlc>
      <player>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</player>
      <!--player>C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</player-->
      <!--player>C:\Program Files\winamp\winamp.exe</player-->
      <!--mplayer></mplayer-->
      <Cache>C:\WR2-Data\</Cache>
      <Live365Session>xxxxx&amp;password=xxxxxxx</Live365Session>
    </WebRadio>
  </PluginSettings>
</settings>

Here is my working copy (Live365 username & password not shown for good reasons) I do have a custom path to my NextPVR data directory though.
Jaggy beat me while I was updating the wiki with a sample that is actually in the proper format.

Martin.
Thanks guys, got it working. Still got the Delegate to an instance method cannot have null "this" error after correcting the file. Tried complete uninstall and reinstall (which of course automatically picked up VLC now that it's present, so the webradio.xml file was correct), but still gave the error. Tried running the stream play command from a batch file, only to receive a crash message from VLC, so uninstalled and reinstalled VLC and everything is fine.

Probably worth mentioning on the wiki that (if it isn't currently on their system) people should install VLC before WebRadio .

thanks again,

tieke
Pages: 1 2