NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Tuner disable not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because of the problem in my other thread [URL="http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?53911-Looking-for-tuners-in-all-the-wrong-places]Looking-for-tuners-in-all-the-wrong-places[/URL], I had disabled the tuner in the devices setup screen, but when it came time tonight to record some shows, NPVR still used the tuner (apparently in an attempt to find a free tuner in order to do pre- or post-padding).

Shouldn't setting "enabled" to "No" mean it doesn't use that tuner?

I can post logs later if needed, right now it is in use and won't zip.
If you do an 'empty epg' followed by an 'update epg', it'll hopefully correct this.
sub Wrote:If you do an 'empty epg' followed by an 'update epg', it'll hopefully correct this.

Tried that, and it didn't help. Attached are the logs - "No More Back Pain" and "Workaholics" were finishing recording when "Futurama" was to start, and it went looking for a different tuner to use.

I should note, of the three tuners of the HDHR (capture sources 30-32, I assume), all three tuners are marked Present "Yes" and Enabled "No", with only tuner 2 having channels listed, the other two have 0 channels.
ttfitz Wrote:I should note, of the three tuners of the HDHR (capture sources 30-32, I assume), all three tuners are marked Present "Yes" and Enabled "No", with only tuner 2 having channels listed, the other two have 0 channels.

As a follow up, when I remove the channels from tuner 2, it no longer tries to use the tuner as it did before.