NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Merry Xmas: Open access to beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Beta is now accessible via the reven portal (yeah i need a better name...)

the full installation instructions are there once you register an account (its easy and only a few clicks if using google or facebook authentication).

keeping install instructions there as I formatted them and put up screenshots etc.
Many thanks reven - your timing is impeccable - Sammy ordered yesterday as LG passed away.
Even better, the John Lewis store price matched an excellent price and includes a 5 year warranty.
These are the steps I used to setup a UN32F5500 (2013 32" TV):

-First you sign in to the "develop" account

Press the "MENU" button
Select "SMART FEATURES"
Select "SAMSUNG ACCOUNT"
Select "LOG IN"
Enter "develop" in the email box and leave the password box blank
Select "LOG IN" at the bottom of the screen

-Downloading NextPVR App

Start the "SMART HUB"
Go the "APPS" page
Select "MORE APPS" at the bottom of the screen
Select "OPTIONS" in the upper right corner
Select "ENTER IP"
Enter 203.86.201.68
Select "START APP SYNC"

Now you should see the NextPVR app when you go back to the APPS page.

I needed to upgrade to 3.1.1 on the server computer before I was able to connect, but everything else was pretty straightforward.

Thanks for releasing this into the wild. My wife thinks I'm a computer genius because of you & sub.

pete
Many thanks for this Reven. Apart from the Nshared issue with Ampersands in the channel name (reported here: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post467912), this works a treat and my Mrs (who suffers from arthritis) can use the NextPVR service rather than the Ndroid tablet client.

Super stuff thanks.
My UE40F5500 turned up this afternoon and your app installed and working well. I haven't given it a complete hammering, but initial impressions excellent.
Menu navigation is blazingly fast.
Many thanks reven.
Installed successfully on my F5500. I was hoping to see a Live TV option. Please try to include it in your next release.
there is a live tv option. its called "Live TV" or go to the tv guide and select "Play"
When I ran the Samsung client, the menu option available was "Recordings". But, I did not try connecting to the new NPVR server, will it (LiveTV) only display once you connect to the server?

I will try it again when I get home.
Yes !!!!!!!

You need to be running the latest npvr
It shouls only show settings and exit if not connected to a supported version of nextpvr. Other wise its a bug
Pages: 1 2