NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NMTInstall.xml File Not Found Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys (Martin, I guess),

I decided to have some fun and got a PCH A-110 off ebay. Trying to set it up, it all looks good, but the NMTInstall2 dies on this error:

ComputureName : TUNER
NPVR Data Directory : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR
NPVR Program Directory : C:\Program Files\NPVR
Output folder: C:\mvpmc
Installing to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR
Download C:\mvpmc\NMTInstall.xml File Not Found (404)
NMTInstall.xml error

I found an old post regarding this, I think: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...nstall.xml
(the last few posts.)

I think I have followed the dummies guide properly, here is the syntax check:

Checking for mvpmc share on TUNER
mvpmc C:\mvpmc

Checking GB-PVR.html links
C:\mvpmc \GB-PVR.html not found

NMT IP Address: 192.168.1.117 MAC 0006DC429AD7

GB-PVR Not Installed

N-PVR Installed C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR

Enabled true
Port 8866

<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
<h2>Object moved to <a href="/logon.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fdefault.aspx">here</a>.</h2>
</body></html>

Checking NMT Version
01-17-110314-15-POP-403-000

Checking NMT Display
1080p 60Hz

Calling NMT Source
TUNER:mvpmc
smb://TUNER/mvpmc Username: Password Length: 0

Is there hope?
dixxfixx Wrote:Is there hope?

Maybe not on the installer I am not sure if I have the source. Do you have the mvpmc share setup manually?

Martin
Oh yes, they see each other nicely. Is the installer unable to download the file then? I looked at the link from that other thread and I can see the XML file, but I take it the installer can't? What does one do? I tried to create NMTInstall.xml myself and put it in c:\mvpmc, but the installer deleted it (I guess it deletes one if it's there and tries to get the latest one but fails). I'm not an XML guy, so I may have done it wrong anyway.

Oh boy, just found out I'm leaving town for three days. Somebody died. At my age, that's starting to happen more frequently. I'll revisit when I return.
Okay, back in town. If the magical installer is not going to work, it looks like I need some files to put in C:\mvpmc manually. Do those files exist somewhere? Looks like a couple of html files and a couple of cgi files, from what I can glean from old posts.
dixxfixx Wrote:Okay, back in town. If the magical installer is not going to work, it looks like I need some files to put in C:\mvpmc manually. Do those files exist somewhere? Looks like a couple of html files and a couple of cgi files, from what I can glean from old posts.

It should work for mvmpx2 just don't tick to download everything.

Martin
I guess I don't know what you mean by that. I have unticked one thing at a time until I have unticked everything and it always tries to download NMTInstall.xml (and fails, of course, just like the first post.) I had initially unticked everything except "NMT Setup".
dixxfixx Wrote:I guess I don't know what you mean by that. I have unticked one thing at a time until I have unticked everything and it always tries to download NMTInstall.xml (and fails, of course, just like the first post.) I had initially unticked everything except "NMT Setup".

Ok I will try it tonight. I found the source, so I should be able to provide an update.

Martin
Aw, jeez, that's more trouble than I wanted to put anyone through. I was just hoping to cobble it together old school without putting you out too much. Is there a special "Donate" button just for Martin?
dixxfixx Wrote:Aw, jeez, that's more trouble than I wanted to put anyone through. I was just hoping to cobble it together old school without putting you out too much. Is there a special "Donate" button just for Martin?

The trouble was finding the source. Try the attached, not sure about XP that is older then the NMT

Martin
Step 1 complete.

ComputureName : TUNER
Installing to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR
Download C:\mvpmc\NMTInstall.xml OK
mvpmcx2p.7z 0