NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Reduced Channel List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I change the channel for the first time after starting the software I get a message in the upper right corner of the screen that says reduced channel list. When I change channels some of them are missing.

How to I switch from the reduced channels list?
Do you have channels listed against all four tuners on the Settings->Devices channel? When you tried to setup the second and subsequent tuners, did you accept NextPVR's offer to copy the channels from the existing tuner? (you should have, and not scanned each tuner individually)
sub Wrote:Do you have channels listed against all four tuners on the Settings->Devices channel? When you tried to setup the second and subsequent tuners, did you accept NextPVR's offer to copy the channels from the existing tuner? (you should have, and not scanned each tuner individually)

It has been about a year since I first setup my PVR. I do not remember a prompt to copy channels. However I have scanned for channels again since initially setting up NPVR. I scanned one of the the tuners and exported the channel list then imported them into the other tuners.

As I said I have been using my PVR for about a year. This issue has just started recently maybe with in the last few weeks. Iif I right click and choose channel list all channels are listed and can be selected, the same for using the guide. I am only missing channels when "channel surfing"

Thank You.
Do you only see each channel listed once in the guide, or multiple times?
sub Wrote:Do you only see each channel listed once in the guide, or multiple times?

Once
Ok - reproduce the problem, and post the logs and I'll check what's happening.
sub Wrote:Ok - reproduce the problem, and post the logs and I'll check what's happening.

I rebooted the system, for other reasons, and now the problem has "gone away". Does that give you an idea?

If it comes back I will post the logs here!

Thank you
tesla1886 Wrote:I rebooted the system, for other reasons, and now the problem has "gone away". Does that give you an idea?
Nope Big Grin

Post logs if the problem comes back.
I have the "reduced channel" notification and list also. It is only on the "Live Pop-up guide" and when you channel surf. The regular tv guide is fine. The channels affected are only the OTA channels with sub channels.( other channels from stb are fully listed) It seemingly only shows the secondary sub-channels. For example -Channel 4.1 will be deleted from the list but 4.2 will not. Can still tune to channel by using the "rightclick" menu and go down to channels and click on the desired channel. Have not rebooted yet to see if it solved the problem as
that's odd, this was a bug that was squashed years ago. Exact same symptoms. I wonder how it's managed to come back, if it is indeed the same bug. I'll try to re-produce it here later tonight or tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2