NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Install on non debian linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am trying to determine if NextPVR can be installed on Arch Linux and x86-64 based linux. The first step is determining where all the files end up. Thus far I have the following list of actions/files locations.

My understaning is the macNPVR.zip is downloaded into /tmp/macNPVR.zip.

mkdir -p /opt/nextpvr/system

unzip -u -o /tmp/NPVR.zip -d /opt/nextpvr/system

chmod 755 /opt/nextpvr/system/NextPVRServer.dll

chmod 755 /opt/nextpvr/system/DeviceHost/x64/DeviceHostLinux

useradd nextpvr || true (only add if not already exist)

usermod -a -G video,audio nextpvr (append user to groups video, audio, nextpvr)

mkdir /var/opt/nextpvr

chown nextpvr /var/opt/nextpvr

mkdir /home/userid/recordings

ln -sf /usr/lib/systemd/system/nextpvr-server.service /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/

The nextpvr-helper.deb contains files to be copied to locations:

/etc/init/nextpvr-server.conf

/usr/lib//systemd/system/nextpvr-server.service

dotnet gets installed into /opt/dotnet
Why are you talking about macNPVR.zip you would need the linux NPVR.zip and you can install it wherever you choose sub choose to document it going to his folder. By default it does install the database and setting to /home/user/.NPVR-data and sets /home/user/recordings

You do need to moodify sub's Debian/Ubuntu etc instructions https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid523886 to get all the required libraries he mentions using pacman and get the arch linux dotnet 2.2.7 There are a few other dependencies that he doesn't list.

Martin
Okay, I'll give it a try.

Thanks Martin
Wow, that was too simple....I was way overthinking it. However, when I get to "Scan Channels" there aren't any entries in the drop down menu to select so I can't start a scan.

The dotnet ./NextPVRServer.dll command had errors

Unexpected error in ScanOptions: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/usr/share/dvb/atsc'.

Thank you,

Craig
You probably need to install the dvb-scan-tables package to get those tuning files.
Yes dvb-scan-tables, libssl1.1, and libc6-dev are also required. Installing dvb-tools and libdvbv5-0 will also be useful if you want to test your dvb devices outside NextPVR.

These requirements assume your dvb card is working outside NextPVR.

Martin
(2019-11-25, 05:57 AM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]You probably need to install the dvb-scan-tables package to get those tuning files.

Installed and recorded my first show to test. So far so good.

Thanks for all you and Martin do to support NextPVR
NPVR should better handle situation when such tables are not present(or outdated). In such case NPVR should fallback to manual scan where user will select 1 INI file from INSTALLDIR. Note that manual scan should be much faster if user want to scan only few FTA muxes on DVB-C/S.
There is nothing stopping you from storing a new or custom scan file in /usr/share/"device" I do this for my local ATSC tuner.

Martin
But still some users may get confused when they see empty menu after manual install.  There is no reason why NPVR can't read own INI files /data/tuning/ for current frontend. Populate one menu with all freq. from that file. Another combo (box)dropmenu display all SR(like 6900 for DVB-C) and 3rd menu should have selection of QAM64 or QAM256.
In web intf. also could display lock status and signal level.
Pages: 1 2 3