NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Replayed recording problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have only recently began using NextPVR. I recorded about half a dozen movies from the free to air TV stations. The first two recordings seemed okay. Each of the next three recordings began to have a problem about half way through. The audio remained normal but the video sped up until it reached the end of the recording. A message then appeared wanting to delete the recording. I have one recording left to watch but I am pretty sure the same thing will happen. I still have many recordings to watch that were previously recorded with Windows Media Center. I never have any problems watching these recordings. I believe someone else had the same problem back in November 2019. I followed the various answers but nobody came up with a solution. Hopefully there is someone out there now who has an answer to this problem.
Thank you,
Trevor
(2020-03-02, 11:06 AM)Tj.2 Wrote: [ -> ]I have only recently began using NextPVR. I recorded about half a dozen movies from the free to air TV stations. The first two recordings seemed okay. Each of the next three recordings began to have a problem about half way through. The audio remained normal but the video sped up until it reached the end of the recording.

Please attach NextPVR logs to a post telling us the time that the recording was made and the time of the playback so that we know where to look in the logs ... NextPVR Settings --> About ... Click the button to zip the logs.

It is likely that there is a glitch in the recording dues to a momentary glitch in the broadcast stream and the glitch is causing a problem for the playback decoder.  What decoder are you using?  Have you tried LAV ...

https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters...taller.exe
I've found LAV decoders exhibit this problem regularly when there's a blip in the recorded data stream. (Can even be triggered sometimes with a FF/skip or even the use of comskip.)
When using the Microsoft decoder it seem to freeze/lockup playback at the point of the blip.
Sub has a copy of a recording which causes the problem and has acknowledged that it does exhibit these symptoms. The problem exists in both V4 & V5.
Sub has said he'll get round to investigating the cause (but I think he's busy with his day job at the moment.)
(There are several threads referring to the issue in both the V4 & V5 forum areas. e.g. https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=60321 or https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=60458)
I am having this issue too. when comskip activates the video speeds up nd the sound remains the same. this is a recent issue since reinstalling NPVR a couple of weeks back.
(2020-03-02, 12:39 PM)Graham Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-02, 11:06 AM)Tj.2 Wrote: [ -> ]I have only recently began using NextPVR. I recorded about half a dozen movies from the free to air TV stations. The first two recordings seemed okay. Each of the next three recordings began to have a problem about half way through. The audio remained normal but the video sped up until it reached the end of the recording.

Please attach NextPVR logs to a post telling us the time that the recording was made and the time of the playback so that we know where to look in the logs ... NextPVR Settings --> About ... Click the button to zip the logs.

It is likely that there is a glitch in the recording dues to a momentary glitch in the broadcast stream and the glitch is causing a problem for the playback decoder.  What decoder are you using?  Have you tried LAV ...

https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters...taller.exe
Graham
I have kept one recording that was fast forwarding the video. It was recorded on the 24th of February but there doesn't seem to be a log for this date. Bobins said that LAV decoders have the problem and it is triggered by FF/skip. I record movies from free to air TV channels and I fast forward the adds while watching the recording so maybe I am causing this to happen. The only LAV decoder that I have selected in the decoder section is for HEVC video. I cannot select another decoder as the HEVC video is disabled. The other two video decoders are Microsoft. I have installed LAVFilters 0.74.1 so I am up to date with the latest version. I will change all the video decoders to LAV decoders and see what happens.
Trevor
For this issue sub has been asking for a copy of a link to file to be on a cloud drive like OneDrive, GoggleDrive or DropBox if LAV (you must use the 32bit decoder even on 64 bit OS) and Microsoft decoders don't solve the problem.

Martin
I recently moved. In my new location I am within 1 mile of most of the TV transmission towers. In spite of that I was having all sorts of problems with my recordings. Out of sync sound and video, video stalling, fast forward after skipping etc. After thinking about it for a time I realized that the cell tower is near the TV transmission tower. I went on Amazon and purchased a LTE filter for my TV antenna. I installed it yesterday. I recorded two videos this morning from a station that has given me the most problems. When I played back these recordings, they played back without a glitch. This solution may not be a cure all, but it may help with some of the problems with recorded video. I use the LAV codecs for sound and video. The only downside with this solution for me is that I lost one channel, but it is a duplicate network channel so not a prblemm.
Having worked in the TV trade for many years before moving to IT, I can confirm too much signal is almost as bad as not enough when it comes to quality of recordings (especially for analogue TV more than digital).

Whilst improving the recording quality will help, ultimately there's a "feature" in the software that's not handling blips very well and I'm hoping sub can get to the bottom of it when time allows.
I have been having the problem described in this thread with the video of a recording speeding up, showing random images flashing briefly. I haven't tried to troubleshoot the problem properly (yet; my finding this thread is the first step), but I do have some workarounds which make the problem tolerable. I think it's caused, as has been suggested, by a fault in the recording; I have a poor TV signal, so all recordings have blips.

Workaround 1: I have VLC video player installed. I simply play the recording with VLC (finding it  in the directory NextPVR saved it in), ignoring NextPVR entirely. It would probably be useful to set VLC as the NextPVR player, but I don't know if that is possible. No playback problems unless the recording is really bad and unplayable with anything. Some recordings too bad to play with VLC become playable to some extent if repaired with VideoRedo.

Workaround 2: play the recording with Kodi (linked to NextPVR). I don't usually do this so haven't tested extensively, but it did work fine with the first few minutes of a recording that NextPVR mangled.

Workaround 3: run the recording through a program that will repair some faults, then NextPVR should be able to play it; I use an old version of (not free) VideoRedo which has a quick fix facility.

By the way, I'm fairly sure that this problem started with a recent version of NextPVR; I didn't have it in the past, though I still had bad recordings. VLC still seemed to handle a poor recording somewhat better than NPVR.

HTH
(2020-04-28, 11:30 AM)pol098 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been having the problem described in this thread with the video of a recording speeding up, showing random images flashing briefly.... I think it's caused, as has been suggested, by a fault in the recording; I have a poor TV signal, so all recordings have blips.

Please upload a recording file that has these problems to Dropbox or OneDrive or somewhere ... It might be possible to improve the way that NextPVR handles these errors ... But, it might be that updates to NextPVR will only be made to V5.
Pages: 1 2 3