NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Lots of channels no TV and No EPG (Freesat over SAT>IP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(2020-08-15, 08:13 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]When you reinstalled did you remember to re-edit the conf file?

Also have you fixed the problem with the folder/home/root/recordings/ that I mentionned?  Create a better folder location and give it the proper permission based on the announcement thread. That will probably get playback working.

Martin

Yep all good already gone over last thread and fixed problems. playback now working but a massive delay in swapping channels. The EPG still fails when automapped to freesat
Sub will need to look at the database for the EPG

Massive is quite arbitrary. With the web browser it can be a long transcoding but certainly it should be under 10 seconds. With Kodi if you have are timeshifting it is slower than real time and you might need to adjust the prebuffer perhaps down to 0. Also sub didn't implement priming tuner for linux backends (I don't think) so if this a prime requirement you are better off with a Windows backend.

Martin
(2020-08-15, 08:30 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Sub will need to look at the database for the EPG

Massive is quite arbitrary.  With the web browser it can be a long transcoding but certainly it should be under 10 seconds.  With Kodi if you have are timeshifting it is slower than real time and you might need to adjust the prebuffer perhaps down to 0.  Also sub didn't implement priming tuner for linux backends (I don't think) so if this a prime requirement you are better off with a Windows backend.

Martin

Thanks Martin Makes sense and all noted. Cheers for your help, May look at windows backend although getting all those tuner cards working in windows will be fun ?
(2020-08-15, 08:16 PM)Morrisimo Wrote: [ -> ]playback now working but a massive delay in swapping channels.
How long are we talking, and which client are you watching in?

In the web app, it can certainly take up to about 10 seconds to change channels, since it needs to transcode the content, and the web players insist on buffering some data before they're start playback.

In a player that can play native streams, the channel change can be as low as about half a second. (it's typically the time the tuner takes to tune the new channel, plus about quarter of a second)
(2020-08-15, 10:39 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-15, 08:16 PM)Morrisimo Wrote: [ -> ]playback now working but a massive delay in swapping channels.
How long are we talking, and which client are you watching in?

In the web app, it can certainly take up to about 10 seconds to change channels, since it needs to transcode the content, and the web players insist on buffering some data before they're start playback.

In a player that can play native streams, the channel change can be as low as about half a second. (it's typically the time the tuner takes to tune the new channel, plus about quarter of a second)

Thanks sub I can live with the channel change delay it not no epg data it would be great if I could get some on the freesat uk epg. But when I click on get epg it says completed after a second and says in the logs about a .sh file missing
(2020-08-16, 06:41 AM)Morrisimo Wrote: [ -> ]But when I click on get epg it says completed after a second and says in the logs about a .sh file missing
It's nothing to do with that .sh file. That's just saying that *optional* .sh file wasn't present, so it didn't run it. Normally you wouldn't have this file.

Quote:2020-08-15 17:55:37.987 [ERROR][29] Unexpecetd error updating EPG: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 's')
at System.IO.StringReader..ctor(String s)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at NShared.DVBEPGSource.UpdateEPG(IEPGUpdateCallback callback)
at NShared.EPGManager.UpdateEPG(IEPGUpdateCallback callback, Boolean manuallyInitiated)
at NShared.EPGManager.WorkerThread(Object args)
2020-08-15 17:55:37.987 [INFO][29] Finished updating EPG
It basically saying it doesn't like something about the tuning string it's going to use for starting the EPG update, but I'm not sure exactly why yet.
(2020-08-16, 07:03 AM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-16, 06:41 AM)Morrisimo Wrote: [ -> ]But when I click on get epg it says completed after a second and says in the logs about a .sh file missing
It's nothing to do with that .sh file. That's just saying that *optional* .sh file wasn't present, so it didn't run it. Normally you wouldn't have this file.

Quote:2020-08-15 17:55:37.987 [ERROR][29] Unexpecetd error updating EPG: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 's')
  at System.IO.StringReader..ctor(String s)
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
  at NShared.DVBEPGSource.UpdateEPG(IEPGUpdateCallback callback)
  at NShared.EPGManager.UpdateEPG(IEPGUpdateCallback callback, Boolean manuallyInitiated)
  at NShared.EPGManager.WorkerThread(Object args)
2020-08-15 17:55:37.987 [INFO][29] Finished updating EPG
It basically saying it doesn't like something about the tuning string it's going to use for starting the EPG update, but I'm not sure exactly why yet.

Was this ever resolved? I have exactly the same error in my logs. I have the latest copy running in Docker on a QNAP and it is connected to a TELESTAR DIGIBIT Twin_Rev.3. NextPVR detects it fine and I can tune the channels on a single sat (28.2E) and watch live. After tuning the channels all appear with an EPG setting of DVB/ATSC EPG. I presume that I select them all and then change that to Freesat (UK)? After which the Update EPG completes instantly with 0 entries. The Guide is full of '(no listings') for every thirty minute slot. In case it is relevant I also have TVHeadend installed and when I run that I'm able to pull the EPG data fine using the same device.
Perhaps start with by sending your zipped logs.

Martin
(2023-12-20, 12:54 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps start with by sending your zipped logs.

Martin

Here you go.
It doesn't appear to be the same problem, just no data. Do you know if TVHeadend is using pids=all?

To properly triage this we likely would need a full mux. Do you know how to do that?

Another thought, I see DNS errors in the log. Do you run a VPN and is perhaps the traffic not getting passed through correctly?

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18