NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Locast Multiple Streams Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting ready to move to an area that is in a DMA Locast covers (and will temporarily be in a place where cable internet is included in the rent but I can't add cable TV or get signal via antenna), so I'm thinking I'll setup Locast so I can record local channels.  If I wanted to have multiple streams record simultaneously, would I have to setup the Locast extra multiple times? It looks like Locast itself support up to 4 streams, although I would probably only do two or maybe three.
Sub doesn't directly support the feature in an extra but there is a work around here https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=61992

Martin
Yeah you’ll need that work around for now. It is on my list to address this though.
(2021-04-23, 03:08 AM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah you’ll need that work around for now. It is on my list to address this though.

Hey, sub.

Have you done any more work on supporting multiple streams for a single Extra device like you do for IPTV? As we're heading into the Fall premier season, it would be nice if we could get the full 4 simultaneous streams that Locast allows with a single Extra tuner.
Sorry, I haven't at this stage, and I've just launched into another large chunk of work for the next release, so I don't really have the available bandwidth too look into it right now.