NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Tempest EPG Generator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi everyone. My name is Kivanc and I am developer of Tempest EPG Generator which is a single php file xmltv formatted epg grabber with full GUI support. It is free and available in github on below link;

https://github.com/K-vanc/Tempest-EPG-Generator.git

And briefly has following features

• Graphical User Interface (GUI) & Optimization For Mobile Devices
• Multiple Website Configuration Support
• The Highest Generating Speed
• The Lowest Memory Consumption
• Multiple Platform Support (Windows/Unix etc.)
• Multiple Async URL Support Up to 10
• Full Support For XMLTV Standart Elements
• Daylight Saving Time(DST) Support For Automatic Time Offset
Changes
• Easy Configuration Maker & Editor
• Powerful & Simple Command Syntax For Combo-
Operations/Modifications
• Scrapping Engine Built with Regex (Regular Expression) For
Powerful Operations
• Built-In Cyclone Module to Add Alternative For Failed Channel
• Built-In Time Converter to Change Times of All Shows Into
Requested Time Offset (DST Support)
• Built-In Inverter Module to Transfer XMLTV Elements Into
Description With Requested Order & Style
• Built-In Fusion Module to Keep Previous Dated Shows Up to 15
Days For Catch-Up Service
• Multiple Configuration File Support Up to 5000 Channels For Each
• Remote Access, Operations & Downloading (port-forwarding
required)
• Scheduled Operations (such as crontab etc.)
• Support For Scrapping From HTML, XML, CSV, TXT, XLS, PDF
(Experimental) & More…

You can start using currently available siteconfig files (will increase day by day) or create your owns.Please do not hesitate to contact about usage etc. from here or given contact mail in github
There are often North American users asking for free guide data so this could be helpful. I usually just use git clone though and was surprised I had to download a release to get tempest.php that isn't under git control.

For NextPVR the update process is a script can you give the php command that might typically do the update

Code:
start server
url to update xmltv file(s)
stop server

It feels like a good product, I just hope you don't start charging like WebGrab+

Martin
(2022-02-05, 07:52 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]There are often North American users asking for free guide data so this could be helpful.  I usually just use git clone though and was surprised I had to download a release to get tempest.php that isn't under git control.

For NextPVR the update process is a script can you give the php command that might typically do the update

Code:
start server
url to update xmltv file(s)
stop server

It feels like a good product, I just hope you don't start charging like WebGrab+

Martin
Hi Martin and Thanks for your comments. This is not a good product but this is the best product ever made for xmltv epg generation. I was an old team member of wg+ and left in 2019 due to some divergency on development and decided to create my own tool. So you can be sure that there will be no charge like licencing etc. but as every project it is open for donations. Please have a look into "Declaration" file and you will see better  Smile 

Regarding gitclone issue, to be honest, I didnt know that release tags are excluded so added another copy to main folder. I think it will solve the issue.

I want to make Tempest the biggest ecosystem so available siteconfig files will increase day by day for each country.

Could you please explain a little more about this update code? I dont think I understood what you are asking  Huh
I was wondering how a user could script screation of the xmtv file on demand I know how to launch a php server but I would also need to execute the creation and the shut down the php server

Martin
(2022-02-06, 03:48 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering how a user could script screation of the xmtv file on demand I know how to launch a php server but I would also need to execute the creation and the shut down the php server

Martin

Ah, ok. There are several options are possible. First, you can create your guide.xml file from gui with "EPG Generator" tab.
Second, as this is how i am using daily in my rpi3, you can call it from cli and add to crontab or other scheduled operations. Basic command is (considering php path is added to path enviroment);

php /path/of/file/tempest.php engine=Generate tempconfig=nameofselectedconfig.config.xml createxmlgz=on

tempconfig and createxmlgz (or createinvxmlgz) parameters are optional. If you dont mention tempconfig, it will use default tempest.config.xml. It is also explained in page 49 of TempestWIKI.pdf

So you can add that command into a bat or bash file and add your server start/end lines to top and end of file
So users don't need to run a php server at all, it can be generated by the CLI?

Martin
(2022-02-06, 04:27 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]So users don't need to run a php server at all, it can be generated by the CLI?

Martin

Since Tempest is a php file, php server is a must for its execution. But with cli option, you can run it in  headless mode and schedule operations so it will continue to update with set intervals and you will always have updated epg without doing anything extra.
I don't know anything about php so excuse my ignorance. Could you add an to register_, shutdown after generation?

Martin
(2022-02-06, 04:33 AM)kvanc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-02-06, 04:27 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]So users don't need to run a php server at all, it can be generated by the CLI?

Martin

Since Tempest is a php file, php server is a must for its execution. But with cli option, you can run it in  headless mode and schedule operations so it will continue to update with set intervals and you will always have updated epg without doing anything extra.

I think now, i understood what you ask. If you have php in your system, you dont need to run "php server" for "cli". You can point to php.exe in your system then continue with given command
I don't know anything about php so excuse my ignorance.  Could you add an to register_, shutdown after generation?

Martin
[/quote]
No issue, Martin. I will try to give you a quick totarial. Could you please tell me which os you are using ?
Unfortunately, i cannot set an universal register/shutdown since all servers have different start/stop commands. But I can at least explain you how you can manage. Btw is there any private reason that you want to terminate php server because as long as you didnt port forward, it will work and accessible only from your local network
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8